New server...
KraftZone Server: mc.kraftzone.tk

=====================================================

Author Topic: New server...  (Read 7563 times)

Koolio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
New server...
« on: February 15, 2013, 06:49:55 am »

So I know haven't made a news post in a while, yet there has been some happenings.

The biggest news is that a new server has been acquired, its more than enough for Kraftzone to expand and offer better pvp type games, something that I have largely put on hold with adding such arenas and plugins on the current server for plugin stability and performance issues. The new server specs are i7 quad core 3.8ghz, and enough ram to run a few midsize minecraft servers, in the future once the main server is all sorted out and other changes are made to the inflated economy etc.

The only downside which I know some of you might notice( or not) is that your ping to the new server will be going up (though for others it will be going down), as its location is in Germany instead of USA (East coast). Believe me when I say I looked hard to find something good in every country, and the only reason this move has come up sooner is because of the current shared server host of Kraftzone is with. Unfortunately the owner of the current host Fpsbox.com (which I'd just like to say have been great,) but for all I know the owner who runs the business has gone missing or just gotten real life problems to do deal with,  and has been unable respond to customers. So instead of staying with Fpsbox and risking getting into a situation where something happens that would leave Kraftzone's server inaccessible to everyone, and me with a big headache to quickly find a new server and use backups. I'm doing the whole move now while the current server runs for the rest of its monthly bill. I do hope in the future Fpsbox get back on track and that the owner is well.

Anyway kinda going back to where Kraftzone started in Europe. I will be publishing the new server IP address soon, maybe later today or tomorrow, or the day after, it actually depends on how long I spend setting up this dedicated server as there is much more to do in running this now than before.  I did provide a (mc.kraftzone.tk) address which I hope some of you have used in your minecraft server list instead of the ip address. As (mc.kraftzone.tk) will be updated automatically to the newer game server address as soon as its live.

Other things you might be wondering about..

The current map will be transferred and will still remain the default world map, I'm hoping to transfer all player data/maps leaving as little rollback time difference from current server to the new one as possible.

The server is still going to remain non-premium friendly, however there will be a premium only server which instead of being the same Towny Kraftzone type server, will be something different as its going to need new Kz fans and donators to keep help keep this new server.

Also thoughts on the new logo at the top?

rui334

• Look At The Box, Always Look At The Boxes
    • View Profile
Re: New server...
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 07:39:56 am »
Um Cool
Dude,Dudes,And Dudedes
Help Me By Pressing The Liked Ratting thing

Thecyberhedgehog

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 11:41:29 am »
While this new server is coming up, will donators still get to keep there ranks on the premium/non-premium servers?

jp123loz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 02:15:19 pm »
Better question, will Staff have their ranks on the possible premium server?

RedArrow

• Yes, it is me!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 02:52:45 pm »
Everyone will keep their ranks, as Koolio said...
Cigarettes are like squirrels. They're perfectly harmless until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire.

Never apologize, you are already too late when you want to.

-Ex Registered
-Ex Member
-Ex Member+
-Ex Voter+
-Ex FeatherClub
-Ex Architect
-Ex Staff
-Ex Support
-Currently Donator

Koolio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2013, 06:20:09 pm »
yeh ranks transfer over to new server, donators will still have same rank. And if/when another server is setup then I will let existing donators that have helped Kz get to where it is, have equivalent tier perks on that.

"Better question, will Staff have their ranks on the possible premium server?"

Same situation with donators, equivalent status. The premium server is likely to be different from how Kraftzone server is run (plugin setup etc), there is a good possibility that I make a new website/ name and use different server ip for the premium only server. Separating it from Kraftzone and allowing me to run it without the non premium hating dickwards that infest the minecraft/developer world (stupid of them really but I won't go into it).

Anyway loyal and trusted players gained from Kraftzone will definitely all get position in the whatever new server is started.

DeadChampion43

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2013, 10:50:05 pm »
Fuck it time to save money for a Premium account

bekwon

• Wazz up! MLGPRO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2013, 01:54:18 am »
Yeah, let's see.  :D Also Koolio, I uploaded the screenshot.
Bekwon signing out. Peace!

candymaster69

• “You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or eve
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2013, 03:18:46 am »
BTW how the hell do you get the Achievement get thing?

Thecyberhedgehog

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2013, 11:25:42 am »
yyou mean me?

CopyableCougar4

• The One and Only
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2013, 07:42:08 pm »
~Copy