Rollback
KraftZone Server: mc.kraftzone.tk

=====================================================

Author Topic: Rollback  (Read 7274 times)

ShadowCDC

• View Profile
Rollback
« on: October 27, 2012, 03:58:48 pm »
Offending Player(s):~Central
Most important items lost you would like back: Items are not important. What i would like is help to build what was undone (i spend a lot of time building on water. With worldedit it can be done in a minute)

Description : Apparently, the rollback was made because an ender portal was missing. There's no reason to rollback just for a portal.

And time of the event from making your post on this forum:10 minutes

SantaKlaws

• View Profile
Re: Rollback
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 04:11:06 pm »
Couldn't they have just done //regen around the portal... *facepalm* How far was it rolled back? Hours, minutes, days?

Fluffy

• "We own this shit!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 05:37:34 pm »
At least a couple of hours :S lost my Island :(
No two Rainbows are the same.
Neither are two packs of Skittles.
Enjoy an odd mix.

~Sly

• View Profile
    • YouTube.com/slyguy47
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2012, 06:08:07 pm »
Because pf Koolio's major (insert very offending word here), I lost a week and over 3 mil to rollback. Rollbacks can't be undone.

Koolio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2012, 08:59:03 pm »
"Because pf Koolio's major (insert very offending word here), I lost a week and over 3 mil to rollback. Rollbacks can't be undone. "

The different between my rollback derp and central rollback major derp, was that I at least put in your name :D

Rollbacks of rollbacks can be undone, unfortunately logblock doesn't get much developer attention anymore, and so /redo's are very buggy and poorly documented.. and well just pretty much don't work most the time.

And when you rollback something, you get asked if you want to wipe the logs of whatever action it is you are rolling back. It's as simple as say /yes when prompted.. and due to the way logblock works if you do not answer those questions /yes or /no then you won't see any rollback action taken.

I have a 2day old map backup, and backup that was made this morning about 14hours ago, the sad thing is that when this major rollback of everything without any maximum area or player specific condition was added in the rollback command. It somehow triggered the backup plugin to backup the map over the one I had done earlier today.

So what can I say, its all screwed up..  The funny thing about all this was that I made that backup of the map earlier today thinking that something would probably get screwed up later during the day when I put on the hackjob of a 1.4  server update... turns out central done a better job of screwing things up instead.

SantaKlaws

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2012, 10:20:14 pm »
So you have a backup of this morning? What time EST was it made? Will Central be demoted for this huge screw up? I'm fine with rebuilding but I lost something like 6 hours of work... For now on I'm using world downloader on everything I build.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 10:36:59 pm by SantaKlaws »

Koolio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2012, 11:39:02 pm »
"For now on I'm using world downloader on everything I build."

I cannot recommend that enough, used to do that myself before starting this server. Infact I was the only one with a backup of an entire server map.

Anyway no the map backup I made earlier today was overwritten ...and that seems to be another issue that has cropped up, as no backup was scheduled for another 24hrs so how it made a backup after the rollback derp is a concern.

Central has been demoted for the time being, until I've spoken to him, lets not forget that he was trying to help just goofed up, and its a bit hard to blame him as I almost did the same thing earlier in the week. I'll be making more stringent staff/support guidelines on this.

SantaKlaws

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2012, 02:11:05 pm »
I suggest you increase it to 1 backup every 6 hours, or even 12. What backup plugin do you use anyways?

Koolio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2012, 08:23:36 pm »
possible but excessive, its almost 3gb backup to do, 24hrs is fine, and generally logblock has stuff to redo so its not really always lost.

~Sly

• View Profile
    • YouTube.com/slyguy47
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2012, 08:56:29 pm »
So a fix of centrals screw up will never be done?

Koolio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2012, 09:06:32 pm »
on request support and myself can come check if an area can be redone via logblock... helps if you haven't touched the area since saturday