Alpha Release(s)
KraftZone Server: mc.kraftzone.tk

=====================================================

Author Topic: Alpha Release(s)  (Read 1316 times)

Koolio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Alpha Release(s)
« on: January 01, 2017, 07:03:36 pm »
Current Version: v0.3.99

[What's coming up in the next release]
- Gui pointers for showing where a snowball is offscreen (at least if its grown to a certain size)

[Download Links

Windows 64bit: http://kraftzone.net/SnowdenHail_v0.3.99.zip
OSX:  -
Linux: -

If you wanna test OSX or Linux (and I will eventually need testers for those platforms) let me know and I'll do build for those aswel.

[Changelog]
v0.3.99
- Check http://kraftzone.net/forum/index.php?topic=2657.msg15564#msg15564
v0.3.78
- Snowballs out of interaction area will lose arrow indicator and change color
- Building Test checker button attributes added
- FastLineRenderer Update
- Snowball Arrow hover timer
- Snowball Indicator Arrows Added
- 'More console commands added prefix: cn_ '
- Suggestion commands tab/tab+shift now cycle extra commands.
- Version entry class changed
- Voxel codebase updated
- Blue back hitblocker enabled again
- Voxel Atlas texture /filter-trilinear/mip mapping/ changes (less blurry at distances)
- Voxel Atlas texture saved to resource folder
- Updated Unity to 5.6b9
- Added LoadingScreen, multiscene handling loading code mostly done.
- Time of day color changes

v0.3.60
- Snowballs now have splat decals :D - it snowed here over the week, so I been making snowballs and taking photos of splattered ones to get the right texturing on them.. have a few more to do still for variation, doing the normal maps for them is annoying.
- Release build -50% filesize.. turns out shader compilation was chewing up 60mb when I only about needed 2mb for Anti Aliasing and Ambient Occlusion.
- Instead of "set <blocktype>" you can use any of these..
set .
set this
set selected
The command will use whatever block you have selected in the inventory or quickslot bar as the fill block.
- Improved inventory styling, functionality and bugfixes, can also select items via mouse now.
- Added Move command to VoxEdit
Move <count> [direction - Leave empty for camera facing direction]

v0.3.56
- 3d block texture exporter now with proper transparency so inventory icons don't look as shit.
- minor tweaks.

[Past versions]
Windows 64bit: http://kraftzone.net/SnowdenHail_v0.3.78.zip
Windows 64bit: http://kraftzone.net/SnowdenHail_v0.3.60.zip
Windows 64bit: http://kraftzone.net/SnowdenHail_v0.3.56.zip
Windows 64bit: http://kraftzone.net/SnowdenHail_v0.3.55.zip
Windows 64bit: http://kraftzone.net/SnowdenHail_v0.3.51.zip (This version is comically bad, has a stupid bug along with snowballs growing in size very fast!)

Warning this game is alpha as fuck and as such you will probably not be able to handle playing with it for more than 5mins, expect bugs, expect stupid shit to happen, expect graphics to be bleh.

Also the game does not come with any buildings etc to destroy... its a little underwhelming, you'll have to make your own stuff to destroy for now, so if you are bored with it in less than 5mins well it's because you just aren't using your imagination... so just imagine it being 10x (100x)  better than it is actually is right now ok  8)

Controlling the wind and playing God with Hail... is a little difficult to get right in a 3d space when you can rotate around the scene aswel, so I've left the debug lines in so you can get an idea of what you're controlling and how the interaction is sort of working.. this is the most problematic area of trying to get right with this game and I have a few ideas and things I plan on implementing to improve it.. though its also an area of the game  I may end up scrapping. More on this in another topic -read to the bottom of this post.

[All gamemodes]

The game is currently a sandbox with no actual gameplay modes, level progression or multiplayer working yet. However you can switch between the 2 camera modes freely (yay fun right :D) ...

F3 - Cycle gamemode (City/Snow camera, Editor/Creative voxel camera, (& coming soon Fps camera))

W,A,S,D - Classic movements keys, works a little different in City/Snow camera, as the camera points to center of the world, and WASD are used to rotate & zoom in/out. In the Edit Camera its sort of creative/fly movement.

----This feature will be disabled in Alpha release (though may add console command to enable it later) ----
Currently only supported on Windows platform aswel, but ffmpeg does work on Linux and i think OSX,
F1 - This saves to disk the last (currently: 15seconds) of past gameplay to disk, invokes ffmpeg to encode to mp4/webm
F2 - This enables/disables recording gameplay... minor +5ms frame delay with it enable, delay scales with resolution size.. lower res = faster screen encoding per frame.
----------------------------

--------[Edit Camera/Creative]----------
Whatever you do, don't build anything you care about not losing in game.. While the export/import worldedit stuff is sorta working its also subject to change, meaning exported stuff will likely be lossed until things are finalized. I'll edit this when things are done in that regard. As a note the snowballs will likely smash your stuff up anyway, they can be disabled for breaking voxel blocks though. :)

Hold RMB +move mouse = Look around, use movement keys to yknow move.
MouseWheel Up/Down = Switches position and item selected on the quickslot gui
LMB = Places the active block that is selected on the quickslot gui
Ctrl+LMB = Removes blocks
MMB= Selects the current block type the block select is on.

Q = Explodes voxel blocks (temporary fun thing for now)
E = Toggles Inventory screen (editor/fps mode only) --Unfinished/Not fully working, the quickslot may end up being used in the Citycam as a way to select different Wind effects/abilities/spells that sort of thing.

Use the console for all worldedit commands, similar to worledit for mc (pretty much all commands and the way it works is the same)
Though I have added my own keybinds for quicker set positioning....
Shift+LMB = Sets worldedit Pos1 position.
Shift+RMB = Sets worldedit Pos2 position.
Shift+LMB+RMB = Will remove both Pos1 & Pos2, and also the visual cuboid grid lines. (Todo)

-------[DevConsole]---------
~ = Console key, for full list of all console commands you can type "list"
Up/Down =  without any command entered will cycle through past history of commands entered, quick to redo a command again.

Up/Down = with a partial command entered that shows similar commands you can cycle to complete command
Tab =  Works same as above when pressing Down arrow.

set <block type>
example usage: set pos1, set pos2, set stone

Current <block type(s)> available....
cobblestone
leaves
grass
dirt
stone
gravel
log
tnt
sand
cloth_black
cloth_blue
cloth_brown
cloth_darkblue
cloth_darkgreen
cloth_darkgrey
cloth_green
cloth_grey
cloth_orange
cloth_pink
cloth_purple
cloth_red
cloth_teal
cloth_white
cloth_yellow

undo, redo = (minor bug to be sorted out when undo'ing all WE operations, and then doing 'redo' it will do nothing the first time, then 2nd time it will work as expected - a known bug ;) )

A full list of all the current console commands...

copy - Copy a selection.
cut - Cuts a selection.
e_time - Time since launching game
e_timescale - Game Time (0f=Paused - 1f=Realtime) \ Default: 1f
flip - Flip <v or h> \ Flip a selection [v]ertically/[h]orizontally
help - Show help on how to use the console
helplist - Quick shortcut to full command list
line - Line <blockType> \ Draws a line from pos1 to pos2.
load - Load <filename> \ Loads a voxel selection.
move - Move <count> [direction - Leave empty for camera facing direction]
paste - Pastes a selection.
pos1 - Set position 1 & 2, other voxel commands use these positions to fill area inbetween.
pos2 - Set position 1 & 2, other voxel commands use these positions to fill area inbetween.
quit - Quits the application.
r_anisotropicfiltering - Anisotropic filtering (0=Off,1=Per Texture, 2=ForcedOn \ Default: 1
r_antialiasing - AntiAlasing (0=Off,1=2x,2=4x,3=8x) \ Default: 0
r_particleraycastlimit - Particle Raycastlimit 'collision detection limit' (0-4096)
r_quality - Preset levels(0=Low - 5=Fantastic) \ Default: 4
r_shadowsdistance - Shadow distance (0-10000, 2000+ is high)
r_texturequality - Texture Resolution (0-FullRes,1=HalfRes,2=Terrible,3=Minecraft bad)
r_vsync - Vsync count (0=Off, 1=On, 2=Every 2nd VBlank) \ Default: 0
redo - Redo the last voxel worldedit opperation.
rotate - Rotate 90 | rotate 180 \ Rotate a selection
save - Save <filename> \ Saves a cut or copied block selection
set - SetBlock <x, y, z>[optional], blocktype \ Setblock stone | Setblock 1 1 1 stone
size - Shows selection size info.
stack - Stack <amount> <direction> [direction = me] \ Stack 5 | Stack 5 up
time - Time since launching game
timescale - Game Time (0f=Paused - 1f=Realtime) \ Default: 1f
undo - Undo the last voxel worldedit opperation.
 Undo [l]ist - shows number of undo/redo stacks, Undo [c]lear - clears undo/redo stacks, Undo [h]elp - shows this

v_copy - Copy a selection.
v_cut - Cuts a selection.
v_flip - Flip <v or h> \ Flip a selection [v]ertically/[h]orizontally
v_line - Line <blockType> \ Draws a line from pos1 to pos2.
v_load - Load <filename> \ Loads a voxel selection.
v_move - Move <count> [direction - Leave empty for camera facing direction]
v_paste - Pastes a selection.
v_pos1 - SetBlock <x, y, z>[optional], blocktype \ Setblock stone | Setblock 1 1 1 stone
v_pos2 - SetBlock <x, y, z>[optional], blocktype \ Setblock stone | Setblock 1 1 1 stone
v_redo - Redo the last voxel worldedit opperation.
v_rotate - Rotate 90 | rotate 180 \ Rotate a selection
v_save - Save <filename> \ Saves a cut or copied block selection
v_saveworld - Save voxelworld data
v_setblock - SetBlock <x, y, z>[optional], blocktype \ Setblock stone | Setblock 1 1 1 stone
v_size - Shows selection size info.
v_stack - Stack <amount> <direction> [direction = me] \ Stack 5 | Stack 5 up
v_undo - Undo the last voxel worldedit opperation.
 Undo [l]ist - shows number of undo/redo stacks, Undo [c]lear - clears undo/redo stacks, Undo [h]elp - shows this

volume Changes the volume, value between 0 and 1

More will be added for changing gameplay, graphics, engine stuff as time goes on. If you press F6 (to save config) and then look for a file called config.json in same directory as the game exe .. open with notepad++ and you will see a lot of extra options for controlling gameplay (ie just the snowballs) .. use F5 to reload the config, warning you can mess this up (just delete it and restart game and it will be restored to default)

--------------------------------

[Things Todo]

Well this is a never ending list really, both of little things and much larger things to be added and improved. I'm going to leave at this for now. And start another topic later on what what I have planned and the direction the game is likely to take or not :D Also with more of a list of where things are at in development progress right now. I am aware of a lot of the bugs and missing features though putting a list of those thing will be done later.

This topic can be used for feedback, bug reports  or just post another topic, I'll be updating and editing this as I put new releases out, and eventually ..*cough* on the things todo; a launcher with auto updating of the game files when a new build is out etc so you won't need to check this topic for the latest download and changelog updates.

To sum up the purpose of this alpha is really just collecting feedback, thoughts, bug reports, anything you feel like adding.. if you find its just naff and no gameplay that's fine your opinion on it matters and will be duly noted. Constructive criticism, thoughts and ideas about what you would like to see... it helps me prioritize which areas I work on fixing and improving with the game.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 07:03:36 pm by Koolio »

Koolio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Alpha Release(s)
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 04:40:17 pm »
--reserved post--

Pepsi87

• Staff
  • IGN: Razor45656
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 05:10:05 pm »
Hah eat shit MacBook users!

But I wanna play :'( :'(
I cant really build anything.

~Sly

• View Profile
    • YouTube.com/slyguy47
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2017, 06:28:18 pm »
Downloading now. I'll report with feedback after a solid 10 hours of riveting gameplay. :D

EDIT 1: So far so good:

« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 12:12:31 am by ~Sly »

Koolio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2017, 06:56:52 am »
I'll report with feedback after a solid 10 hours of riveting gameplay

lolz

I forgot to mention CTRL+LMB will remove blocks :) -added that to the main post now.

OSX build, I'll try it next week pepsi

Nytalix

• Staff
  • [Insert meme]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2017, 04:28:34 am »
Should add voice channels or just use ts
Mess with the best, die with the rest

Koolio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2017, 07:17:58 pm »
Voice Channels..

Well the plan for multiplayer was to start with a just basic chat/channels.. I wanted to use an irc server for handling the backend  ..ie all game clients would optionally connect to that, there would be a global chat channel for it. And then per hosted multiplayer server/lobby would be a virtual channel created either on the irc server as private channel for only those in that lobby/game or the channel server would be the server host and communications for those those in that particular game would be handled by that server host. By using irc (its pretty old tech now) but it already supports a lot of server security admin stuff.

The only reason I haven't got to implementing that setup in the Snowdenhail is that the c# libraries that I'd like to use for the client side only support c# 4.5, and Unity as a game engine is stuck to mono c#3.0 .. Sometime this year they should support c#4.5+ and I'll finally be able to work on that doing it the way I want.

The other thing is that VOIP is another beast entirely, again its where I think Unity should already step up and add native support for Voice over its own Unet system both as p2p and as a server/client host option that handles encoding and relaying data instead with some better voice quality codecs instead of shitty Opex ... honestly if you haven't noticed most games with built in voice are are crap sound quality. (ofc my guess is if they do bother they'll probably do some cloud based approach and all your voice data is goes through their servers and then passed on.. shit design that just allows data collection, reason why I prefer teamspeak based appraoches with lots of little servers as opposed to using services that handle it on global scale like discord etc)  but they haven't bothered either way.. and marketplace for prebuilt solutions isn't great either.. often using RPC's and is basically P2P..(as Unity networking underhood workings are largely a mystery) not good. Still alot of the third party options use P2P... the advantage to that is voice is sent directly to other connected players on the server directly.. its fast and has little delay in you talking and anyone else hearing. The major disadvantage, is EVERYONE (depending on the client/server design of the game some better than others) can get your ip because that is how it works.

More people are becoming aware of this poor piss design now with so many being targetted in DDOS attacks...  https://www.reddit.com/r/playrust/comments/5tpzt9/your_public_ip_address_is_visible_to_anyone/ careless developers who don't care to the problems it can have especially on popular competitive games or where someone can be easily targeted just by knowing the server they play such a game that has such a design flaw.

... So alot of mainstream games use p2p for multiplayer (and it some cases depending on the game type and competitiveness etc this can be fine like console games, not that it would be impossible to work around for the most dedicated hacker)  and even when they don't use it for the multiplayer game itself, because players data is going only to the main server. When it comes to voice chat it is often falling back to p2p not good.. and Valve are even big culprit of this shit design as they provide an API for voice chat, that is used by alot of games these days. Because developers just don't care and choose whatever is easy to implement and takes the least amount of time to implement is just the preferred option, not to mention general publics ignorance helps as is the case for all things in life allows those who should be doing better  to get away with not doing so.

Personally it should only be the server or the nearest server between players that relays this data onto another connected player. And that's not even talking about encryption aspect and  err governments and nefarious third party interests in communication spying (yknow they seem to have no problem importing masses of terrorists into their countries and would like to spy on everyone.. the level of stupidity and evil going is something behold.: )

So voice will just have to wait, unless I find a good voip library that does this fast, and securely and most importantly is easy to implement :) It's a lot of boxes to tick just for voice chat to be done right. Either way I don't want p2p voip in my game(s) should they ever be finished. l;

=================================================================

Anyway enough about that rant.. though it does cover some of the todo stuff I was planning to write about for the game, which is largely just a sandbox of systems most of the changes aren't even seen, though the arrow indicators are finally in, and now when you move the city camera, you will be able to tell which snowballs can be effected by the wind... *this is just due to the way the mouse position is projected onto an invisible plane, and the snowballs are spawned above that area, due to 3d space and being able to move and rotate the camera around the scene, the entire method of interaction with your mouse position and the snowballs becomes alot harder to get working right. So still alot to work on to make this entire thing feel fun to play with.... sometimes I feel like scrapping the thing and thats partly why I end up working on other things.

v0.3.62
- Time of day color changes
v0.3.63
- Added LoadingScreen, multiscene handling loading code mostly done.
v0.3.64
-Updated Unity to 5.6b4
v0.3.65
- Voxel Atlas texture saved to resource folder
v0.3.66
- Voxel Atlas texture /filter-trilinear/mip mapping/ changes (less blurry at distances)
v0.3.67
- Blue back hitblocker enabled again
v0.3.69
- Voxel codebase updated
v0.3.71
- Version entry class changed
v0.3.72
- Suggestion commands tab/tab+shift now cycle extra commands.
v0.3.73
- 'More console commands added prefix: cn_ '
v0.3.74
- Snowball Indicator Arrows Added
v0.3.75
- Snowball Arrow hover timer
v0.3.76
- FastLineRenderer Update
- Updated Unity to 5.6b9
v0.3.77
-Building Test checker button attributes added
v0.3.78
-Snowballs out of interaction area will lose arrow indicator and change color

Well its been a few weeks, I've been added some more backend stuff to the game to have better version control system now so most code changes I make I then also write a short description and bump the version number up (at least that was the plan, bad habbit of making changes and updates to plenty of things and just a short description of '.' or 'updated stuff' becomes less helpful months later :D )  it stores other log data like type of changes and timestamp, perhaps something I put on the unity asset store when its more full featured. ..here a picture of along with another tool I was working on.. for class generating.

Useful for me as it makes it easier to check previous changes when I commit updates to the remote git repository. And useful for when I do releases, as I'll have a way to export out all the changelogs from the last version that was publicly released (also later will be an ingame changelog, where you'll get version updates (probably pointless with just me working on things as I get sidetracked on projects all the time) but it will have more uses in the future, one of those things I can reuse with other game projects aswel so things like that often get priority.

The devconsole also had some pretty good improvements, I've made it so that it now shows the total command suggestions.. and you can hold down [tab] to cycle through all other commands, with [shift]+tab] working the opposite direction.. its nicer than valve's source devconsole used in most their games now, ok its still missing some more things but again its one of those systems I have ready to use in other games as its pretty core and Unity doesn't provide a decent devconsole for game development anyway.

Another big addition to the devconsole was that it can now has  c# reflection option to use make custom command alias's out of an object class public properties.. all technical lingo but it means for devconsole that a ALOT more of the ingame options used internally for the game can now be exposed as console commands, and also be saved and loaded in the save file. It's pretty useful addition that allows me to easily add public/private class variables into the devconsole, and by doing so they are also exposed as part of the config and console command system. Because when I build the game for release Unity provides no useful modding/api/toolkit stuff so have to kinda build this stuff yourself for your game(s) if you want to support such features.

As an example, Sb_ (Snowball) will show a whole bunch more commands that are used in the game to control various Snowball settings, you can mess around with them all, if shit goes wrong just delete the config.json file to restore default values.

example: If you change "Sb_GrowIncrement 2" snowball sizes will grow really quick... 0.42   ...is the default value.
example: Sb_ArrowIndicatorAlways true  ...will cause snowball arrows to be shown in other camera modes like voxeleditor mode (F3) default is false...

cn_ (Console) also includes a few options
r_ (Renderer) so far just render like options
e_ (Engine)
v_ (Voxel stuff) all prefixed this way, though alot of the voxel commands are also without prefixes so that they are similar to the minecraft worldedit commands.

So alot easier now to expose these game variables as console commands, before it would require me to write out each individual console command for any particular value that was needed in the console.

Of course what it is missing is a way to set the default value back directly in the console or at least show what a particular console command default value is.. not sure on the best way to implement that, a future todo :)

And a new  problem is the amount of commands 'helplist' can display in one go has grown a lot with this addition ..so it gets cut off trying to list all the console commands :( you only see half the commands.. Unity has a problem with ugui stuff in that it can only draw like 64k vertices on a canvas.. and the entire devconsole is on its own canvas, with each text letter taking up 4vertices.. when you have alot of text on the canvas, I have it strip out enough of the old text to keep everything under this limit... huge limitation and looks like I'm going to have to reimplement how the devconsole displays info. :( Perhaps I'll just have to have helplist, use a paging system, so helplist 1, helplist 2 and it only shows like 20commands per page, that way it doesn't print out all the commands and you can't scroll up to see all earlier printed ones. improvements =  new bugs :( I do hate Unity sometimes :)

Also fixed a nasty bugs in the voxel engine (since last update in January it has plagued the project and is one of the reasons I didn't put out an update earlier) I finally tracked it down to a file commit made over a few months ago by the other guy working on the voxel engine. That was one of the reasons I haven't had an update out for this, as the voxel blocks would have some missing faces in geometry.

Next updates... probably get the buildings in and the building destruction algorithm working on a separate thread, I had shown it earlier where it can detect floating voxel blocks that are not directly touching any block that is grounded (http://webmshare.com/nGb3P) ... well its mostly done as is loading in building schematics into the game..  so some parts have been done just waiting on other implementations to be finished or be worked on :)  So I'll try get that in so the world has some prebuilt shit to destroy  :D

Won't say when the next update is, I kinda started working on that other game mentioned in the shoutbox that is being built ontop of this game (2.5d top down shooter) though I have found a pretty pretty good  fps controller which has built in network code working and alot of more advanced features  (https://github.com/GreenByteSoftware/UNet-Controller ) .. so while I get familiar with it and add my own changes to it. I suspect I'll start implementing it into both this game and the other, if that goes well adding some sort of basic multiplayer chat system will be next step...actually next step would be guns and things to shoot at it, and syncing voxel edits between players, but I'll try do it with multiplayer working for all new additions.. though the snowballs falling might have to go, as physics simulation with multiplayer on Unity is just not easy to get right when all players need to see the same physics object changes replicated exactly :(

« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 07:22:14 pm by Koolio »

Nytalix

• Staff
  • [Insert meme]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2017, 11:23:42 am »
Game designing & programming sounds like a very big hassle with a lot of traps and everything else you need to deal with. Hell, I'm just starting with the basics of building a computer.
But hey, as long as I can gather  anything for my secondary path

From a brief read of the updates so far, I can say the game is progressing a lot, specially with the ease of updates and control.
Mess with the best, die with the rest

Koolio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2017, 05:35:54 pm »
Yeh it's going all right, so this issue..

And a new  problem is the amount of commands 'helplist' can display in one go has grown a lot with this addition ..so it gets cut off trying to list all the console commands :( you only see half the commands.. Unity has a problem with ugui stuff in that it can only draw like 64k vertices on a canvas.. and the entire devconsole is on its own canvas, with each text letter taking up 4vertices.. when you have alot of text on the canvas, I have it strip out enough of the old text to keep everything under this limit... huge limitation and looks like I'm going to have to reimplement how the devconsole displays info. :( Perhaps I'll just have to have helplist, use a paging system, so helplist 1, helplist 2 and it only shows like 20commands per page, that way it doesn't print out all the commands and you can't scroll up to see all earlier printed ones. improvements =  new bugs :( I do hate Unity sometimes :)

Is no longer an issue now :) Unity added TextMeshPro for free this month and I've been checking it out, it turns out it pretty much solves the above problem. Only I'm using unity 5.6 and TextMeshPro doesn't have a fix for one of the bugs that spams errors for build releases on 5.6. So rather than undoing my changes and going back I'll continue with that and hopefully 5.6/TMP have a fix for the issue before the end of the month and I'll release a new update then with other improvements.

In the mean time I've been working on another game (it has multiplayer first person controller setup and I've got it working topdown where character follows the position on screen.. it also works as a fps/thirdperson aswel.. So will be bringing that into SnowdenHail for the multiplayer stuff, will have to start doing the character stuff..

last years old poll about which character style to go for pretty much ended with "Low poly characters where can have your own skin (like minecraft)" as the highest voted and I have to agree having texture skins you can use for your character is a lot more customizable than trying to make some sort of character creation system where you pick and choose from a bunch of presets. So low poly might change too be a bit more than what minecraft had and texture size for skins will probably be a bit more than 64x64.

Anyway a video of the other game..

A slight detour off the plans of adding buildings into SH, but the the voxel stuff has been up in the air for a bit with other changes going on with it.  That video somewhat demonstrates my new custom debugging hud.. which is pretty versatile, customization and gives direct feedback on values I might want to see in the game, I've been wanting to add something like source engines net_graph to it aswel, nothing to do with making a game, but its all just groundwork stuff that eventually makes making a game easier.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 05:37:27 pm by Koolio »

Pepsi87

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2017, 11:04:40 pm »
art by me, bidding starts at 3million

*BEFORE THE SNOW WRECKED HELL
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 11:06:27 pm by Pepsi87 »

Koolio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2017, 12:04:39 am »
heh

fyi pepsi was using this updated build: http://kraftzone.net/SnowdenHail_v0.3.83.zip

full changelog will come later when I do another release probably nearer ~v0.3.90
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 01:00:33 am by Koolio »

Koolio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2017, 04:03:11 am »
http://kraftzone.net/SnowdenHail_v0.3.99.zip

File a bit bigger as I included ffmpeg for encoding (windows only for now) in future it will be an optional thing you can download in game but for testing including it now...
F11 Stop/Start Record  (only works turntable camera for now, F3 to switch camera modes))
F10 - Pause/Resume Record
F9 - Anything recorded is written to disk and encoded into webm format (can find the files in the 'Capture' folder wherever you extracted the game) https://webmshare.com )

Recording works with a buffer (length editable in console) it goes upto last 20seconds by default for gameplay, then reuses the buffer if you leave it on for longer.. so it will also have the last 20seconds before saving F9, its encoded on a background thread so should be fast. Mainly use this myself to recording progress and have started using it in other projects.. just polishing it up now few more things to do with it though.

Finally have multithreading working for buildings so that floating blocks are checked for and destroyed without lag spiking the main game thread... however is a few bugs that I just can't seem to figure out right now.. when I finish the code for showing multiple buildings and loading them in from saved schematics (its all kind of in place and working, but not in game, only through various editor steps still) honestly the bug with it so stupid that I should a do video or release another build with it broken before I fix it( which is the plan)

The dev console text is much clearer, and can scroll up a lot more with my hacky workarounds to limit the text.
actually a lot of improvements overall, the rough change log is as follows..

v0.3.83
-  'Loading screen snowball starts only when fully loaded '
v0.3.84
- Text Mesh Pro added.. again
v0.3.85
- Snowball hierarchy adjusted using fixed joint and closer snowball blockers
v0.3.87
- Arrows left on screen after loading
v0.3.88
- Snowballs starting in loadscreen fixed
v0.3.89
- devconsole scrollbar mousewheel sensitivity adjusted for Windows 40f, OSX 1f
v0.3.90
- TMP Pro updated
v0.3.91
- TMP Pro added for devconsole suggestions, input fields
v0.3.92
- Devconsole history working.. double tap Up Arrow to jump to previous history
        (down arrow will go opposite direction while in historymode).. (tab) at anytime
        to cycle any tab suggestions..at which point up/down arrow will go up/down
        respectively.. until u double tap up arrow to switch to previous history
v0.3.93
 - multhreaded threadpool for voxel floating block check
v0.3.94
 - 'F9 -Record Save
        F19 -Toggle between Recording or Paused.
        F11 -Stop Recording and flush record buffer.
        Progress and buffer size also show up on uDebug now'
v0.3.95
- uDebug now shows classtype headers, and all following logs from that same  classtype *.cs file will be under it grouped.
v0.3.96
 - mcs.rsp file added to supress warnings messages.
v0.3.97
- Inventory position adjustments
v0.3.98
 - uDebug expired addline colors fadeout (lighter/darker) now
v0.3.99
 - building thread check update
 - Inventory Slot Id fields

Rough Roadmap
v0.4-0.5
- should have the buildings, tying up more of all the loose scripts..
- proper start screen 
- improve on the gameplay and camera controls.. buildings will get health/destruction.. the more they are wrecked the closer they are to collapsing.. maybe another gameplay mode for protecting the buildings instead with more variation on incoming snowball sizes...

v???
v1.0 - looks and plays totally different, voxel engine is 10x better.. with working multiplayer.. lol 

Pepsi87

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2017, 05:24:04 am »
OHOOOOOHHHHH