Why??? It did'nt have to result to a 10-DAY-BAN EVEN THOUGH I WASNT ON
KraftZone Server: mc.kraftzone.tk

=====================================================

Author Topic: Why??? It did'nt have to result to a 10-DAY-BAN EVEN THOUGH I WASNT ON  (Read 7490 times)

NaTeIsThEbEsT

• Hawaii rocks! Soccer is awesome! :D (Or futbol)
    • View Profile
I dont apreciate it.I know why I was banned now.I wasnt on.I get banned.I didn't even know that it was a lag machine.I get banned for 10 days.Is this what Kraftzone has become???A server where it bans innocent poeple???That dont even at least get a warning or reason to why they were banned???Unless they are lucky and have a account they know the password on so that they can ask the staff or poeple on the server what happened???Im dissappointed.I have had a great time on this server.I cant play for 10 days.Because of something I didn't know about.When I first made the machine you know the first person to see it?Never said anything like,"Hey,why am I lagging"?Extaccy.Not trying to get her in toruble.My point is that its really unfair for me,ujklujkl,to get banned for something I didnt know about.Funniest thing.That apparent "lag machine" was running for 2 days before I got off for about half a week.Nobody said anything before I got off.Nothing at all.Someone sees,while im offline and its obvious that I am,a redstone powered machine.They start lagging.Might've been staff,I dont know.One thing leads to another.I get banned.Somebody could have just destroyed it and next time I got on asked me hey ujklujkl,did you know that you had a lag machine?But no.I get banned.Not for a short amount of time but for over a week.Im just so shocked.At least shorten the ban.Please.I didnt know.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 11:34:54 pm by NaTeIsThEbEsT »
SO I WAS AT SCHOOL RIGHT AND...

Hadi

• I NEVER LOSE!
    • View Profile
Re: Why??? It did'nt have to result to a 10-DAY-BAN EVEN THOUGH I WASNT ON
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 11:37:28 pm »
Not gonna comment on the actual subject. But are you irrationally opposed to spaces? That was hard to read D:
Hello, Hadi here, dedicated player of KraftZone.

Lily

• In-Game Username: Extacyy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 11:38:46 pm »
When I visited your home to worldguard your region I did not see your redstone devices - they were not created at the time.

You were working on the cobble/end stone structure at the time.

NaTeIsThEbEsT

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 11:42:06 pm »
So...you didnt see it after you cam there again.You werent there only one time.Unless you had your sound off you would have heard it.The first time you were there you didnt see a cobble and dirt build.Second time i saw you look in its direction.You should have heard it.It wasnt even covered.But im not going to get in a big arguement.And yes Hadi i did put spaces...jeez.

Hadi

• I NEVER LOSE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 11:43:49 pm »
Ideally, a person is expected to put spaces AFTER the period. Like so. See how this works <--->? One more for good measure.
Hello, Hadi here, dedicated player of KraftZone.

Lily

• In-Game Username: Extacyy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 11:45:08 pm »
Today is the first day I have seen it as you brought me here there to view it. There is no more wiring so viewing it today was pointless.

When I was there you had nothing in that spot - I remember going around to make sure every player placed block belonged to you before worldguarding it.

I do play with my sound off - but I suppose me 'looking in its direction' is a solid argument 

NaTeIsThEbEsT

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 11:46:04 pm »
Hadi...Idk im 11.I really don't.So just...yeah ok?

NaTeIsThEbEsT

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2014, 11:46:55 pm »
Like I said...not going to argue...don't want a bigger ban.

Koolio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2014, 06:53:00 am »

The way it looked like it was hidden made me think it was a deliberate attempt to create a lag machine. So you got banned for it, it was a tempban but due to bukkit sillyness its not possible to include a ban reason with a tempban. So you got banned with a message to appeal.  I'm not saying players shouldn't make redstone stuff, just be careful to not leave redstone clocks running when you are not playing

redstone clocks like that can and do add to the server lag, depending on how they are made, your little machine probably only used like 0.5tps (ticks per second) however it adds up and you got punished. Redstone calculations are handled on the main server thread, so any heavy stuff eats into the tps of the server which effects everyone. As I run kraftzone with a nice high view distance and a lot of plguins it means the server has to do more work per player! The server can be at 20tps when there is more than 25 players on the server in total and probably a lot more as I have seen it, however with redstone clocks and other redstone related stuff running, that has been known to remove upto a few ticks off the server total tps. When you get under 15tps on a server it can start to become to noticeable lag delay in block creating/destroying and pvp. Now I'd rather run a lag free server with more players on not complaining about lag, and that means keeping redstone clocks made for 1 player to use down to a minimum.

-run your heavy redstone stuff and clocks during the quieter hours while you are on the server and in the area of such redstone contraptions.
-turn off clocks when you finish playing
-and turn off the redstone clocks when the player count is more than 25+ as 1 redstone clock probably uses more server tps in calculations than 10 actual players on the server.

If everyone sticks to these rule there would be a much smoother server when there is many people online.

So those are my rules on redstone, if I have to find redstone clocks when the server is busy and it was adding to server tps lag it will be removed.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 07:01:26 am by Koolio »