Donator updates
KraftZone Server: mc.kraftzone.tk

=====================================================

Author Topic: Donator updates  (Read 7406 times)

Koolio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Donator updates
« on: November 18, 2013, 07:30:43 am »
Creative mode in survival ?!?!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
The big change...  creative donators will be able to have creative in the main world again!

Since march 2013 when the last map reset took took place, it was no longer possible for players with gamemode access to use it in the survival only map. Yes it was still possible to use in other worlds including the /freebuild map without restriction, including sharing items with other players as those maps were completely separated from the server economy. Since that change took place not as many felt like building in the old map due to many players moving to in the main survival world instead, so despite creative mode being completely unrestricted, it got used very little other than by a few.

Well its about time to change that now as it just didn't really work out how I thought it would. Donators who got creative mode will be allowed to use it in the main survival map once again. This time with some mitigation to all the risks of it being abused to break the economy or help other players get a major boost.

Somethings to note, whenever you use creative in the /survival or the linked worlds like /spawn (including the /shop)  there will be a few restrictions if you stay in creative mode and it only applies to survival economy worlds, with other worlds, creative mode works unrestricted.

Restrictions include:

- You cannot drop items
- You cannot pickup items
- You cannot buy or sell items at shops
- You cannot interact with chests or item dispensers.
- You cannot use mob egg spawning, exp bottles, potions, enchant books or sponges.
- Every block you place while in creative mode on the survival map, if it is broken, it will not drop anything.

Note: Everything will work as normal if you swap back to survival mode again.

There is also an option to have any blocks you place automatically protected so no one else can break them, a nice feature for those who just want to build without having to manage area protection plugins to protect what they build.

This option is something that will not be on by default, though it might be added on request by those who donated for creative. It comes with other commands, the main one being /friend <name>

Adding someone to your friend list will allow only them to be able to break your blocks (no item drops though.)

Existing creative donators will be able to use creative /g in the survival world as I make all the config & perm changes starting today (all done now.) I'm sure many will be glad to finally get creative mode back in the main world and I'm glad these changes have finally taken place, sorry it just took a while to find a developer to help code the necessary features to allow this. It was just not a possible option before with the last map changes.

Any questions or possible exploits that have been overlooked do let me know thanks.

Last note: The world breaking 1.7 minecraft update will no doubt break some plugins when a 1.7.x bukkit server release ever gets finished. With Kraftzone allowing creative access in any survival world again (including future maps!) keep in mind its very dependent on a few plugins to prevent abuse. Should those plugin not work with no replacement, it would likely mean no creative mode being allowed in the survival map(s) again until those plugins work or are replaced.

Finally the donation offer for creative mode has been reduced until the end of the year.

More info: http://kraftzone.net/donating
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 10:38:50 pm by Koolio »

RedArrow

• Yes, it is me!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Donator updates
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 09:53:49 pm »
Great improvement for people who've bought creative or desperatly want creative. Happy to see this happening :D
Cigarettes are like squirrels. They're perfectly harmless until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire.

Never apologize, you are already too late when you want to.

-Ex Registered
-Ex Member
-Ex Member+
-Ex Voter+
-Ex FeatherClub
-Ex Architect
-Ex Staff
-Ex Support
-Currently Donator

Pepsi87

• Staff
  • IGN: Razor45656
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 09:54:31 pm »
red
 get on
I cant really build anything.

RedArrow

• Yes, it is me!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 09:02:43 am »
When I find time again.
Cigarettes are like squirrels. They're perfectly harmless until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire.

Never apologize, you are already too late when you want to.

-Ex Registered
-Ex Member
-Ex Member+
-Ex Voter+
-Ex FeatherClub
-Ex Architect
-Ex Staff
-Ex Support
-Currently Donator