Donation Page Update Ideas
KraftZone Server: mc.kraftzone.tk

=====================================================

Author Topic: Donation Page Update Ideas  (Read 5987 times)

-JoshLong42

• View Profile
Donation Page Update Ideas
« on: July 24, 2013, 01:14:37 am »
     Staff is currently looking to update the donor page to fit better with the recent changes that KraftZone has gone through. We are looking for ideas from current and perspective donors. we are looking for reorganization of perks and new ways to encourage players do donate to Kraftzone.

If you have ideas feel free to post them.

We are looking for:

-new organization

-updated order for perks

-a clear way to donate for creative in Freebuild (Main World is still Survival)

-anything else you think of :D

I have an idea myself to start this off and i will post it below. feel free to provide feedback on mine and others ideas.

For the Glory of KraftZone
~joshlong42 
For The Glory Of KraftZone
~JoshLong42

-JoshLong42

• View Profile
Re: Donation Page Update Ideas
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 01:29:00 am »
My Idea is to add a new rank to the list. one that hard to earn but very worth the effort.

the original idea is to ad [Donator+]

this rank would require 3 things:
1. M+ (100votes)
2. T3 Donor
3. Gaining Architect/Artist

when you have achieved these 3 goals, a further donation would get you Don+ and would allow creative in the survival world. if this were to be done... creative would be a privilege, not a right. if you abuse it in any way, it would be taken from you permanently. but i feel that the players that could even attain this rank would be a small trustworthy group of loyal players who could greatly benefit from creative without abusing it.

im not sure bout the Don+ name... looking for ideas for new names for this rank.   

this is also a good way to add to the overall great building skill of the kraftzone community
~JoshLong42

~Sly

• View Profile
    • YouTube.com/slyguy47
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 02:05:35 am »
We already have "Don+" - VIP

Dilly2k

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 04:53:21 am »
VIP is basically staff+ since navy has more perms than other staff.

xxNavyxxSealsxx

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 06:02:12 am »
Don't get me involved but yes it is

xxNavyxxSealsxx

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2013, 06:52:11 am »
And I agree with josh that we need something to make people want to donate more. More fun perms for donators would probably help. And all sorts of other things.

Koolio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2013, 12:04:19 pm »
Well here are my thoughts on it all....

this rank would require 3 things:
1. M+ (100votes)
2. T3 Donor
3. Gaining Architect/Artist

when you have achieved these 3 goals, a further donation would get you Don+ and would allow creative in the survival world.

I agree its a good incentive up until the last part.

Allowing creative in the survival world ....which is the one world where I really don't want unrestricted creative, once you give that out in a world where items can be bought and sold, you open up the risk of anyone just messing things up really quickly..not to mention wasted time cleaning up messes made with it. The requirements on getting m+ aren't that hard (1 month voting) though getting Architect and Artist probably is a little tougher. So on a sidenote I think 2 other ranks that would be just below Architect and Artist that would be easier to attain and lead upto getting Architect/Artist(PixelArt stuff)

I think it should only be for those who had also donated for creative to get access to that in survival world, giving creative in the other /freebuild /cityworld maps is much better though as those maps are not tied in with the adminshop/economy.... and I don't mind players just giving away items and helping out other new players with items in those maps so more with creative there is better.

So here is my adjustment.....

1. M+ (100votes)
2. T2/T3 Donor
3. Gaining Architect/Artist (or heading towards those ranks)

Gets you creative in /freebuild and /cityworld (and any other similar non survival maps) 

And this is my other option....
--------------------
1. M+ (100votes)
2. T1/2/3 +Creative Donor
3. Gaining Architect/Artist (or heading towards those ranks)

Lets you have creative in survival (you get it in all other maps by donating for it)

(pretty much donator stuff was  pre 1.4 when the survival only map came in with no creative access)

At least this way there is still a reason to donate for creative access and those donating for it risk losing creative in survival and wasting there money if they should just abuse it, otherwise most would just see no reason for donating for creative access if it was possible to get it in all maps any other way.

Other than that I think the donator tier style and whats on offer for each price bracket is more than competitive with other servers, I'd say its cheap considering its permanent for Kraftzone lifetime. The only difference is that Kraftzone is not a popular server currently and has had bad hosting problems this year so far.

All those things are not a big deal really as it doesn't need tons of donations every month, however things have gotten slow lately and certainly the kind of server bill I'm paying for now would not be sustainable at the current rate of donations coming in.

Suggestions on the donator page layout and how commands such could be improved or laid out better or maybe more in-game commands showing things better is something I could look into improving.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway there is the VIP rank I'm thinking of putting together (on the donator page) to those who might be interested in making a donation once a month. Where those on it get access to using plugins such as WorldEdit, aswel as perms to many other plugins that I'd normally not give out access to, pretty much Staff and Support perms which include donator perms aswel, though VIP are not really Staff or Support in the sense of duties and how they should be helping players or dealing with trouble etc ..they would be generally told to let Staff/Support handle that if they are online to do so.

Would only be making this rank available to those who have already donated for tier2/3 and creative access (ie contributed at set minimum) and have played on the server for like a month after donating.

Then depending on how things have been so far (ie no trouble caused, attitude etc), they can choose to become a regular donator with around $20 and get VIP access which lasts for a month at a time..

There is another way I'm thinking about maybe M+ requirement and I do VIP tier brackets.. the requirements could be adjusted so it would be possible to get access earlier but of course perms would be limited world access to use those perms in.

I'm not expecting loads of players wanting VIP in this form that but its certainly an option for those who want to come onboard to help to contribute to the server on a more regular basis and get the perms and status for doing so, certainly while things are slow on the donator front. If Kraftzone got really popular again I'd probably limit access to the VIP rank and only those already on it could stay on it.

xxNavyxxSealsxx

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2013, 06:23:10 pm »
They should also have substantial knowledge of what permissions they have as to not fuck anything up

xxNavyxxSealsxx

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2013, 06:26:26 pm »
When I get back I would actually like to talk to you about something tht is very important having to do with craft book.

Koolio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2013, 07:25:26 pm »
yeh that kind of stuff would have to be checked out, and what so important about craftbook?  ...if its the chair bug I already know about it.

xxNavyxxSealsxx

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2013, 07:38:53 pm »
It's about commas signs I will pm you

johnny

• Staff
  • YIKERS
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2013, 08:20:32 pm »
U know why does ppl just leave and leave cuz they come here for games and shit!!! and like they dont pay rlly attention to survival or things like that.. they r concentrate on minigames. Wat i noticed is that when players need u guys (Staff,Koolio,Donators and Support) for for some help.. sometimes u dont help them and so they leave.

and for the new rank is gonna be a good idea but i think u should more ranks , easier ranks to get well not to easy.

xxNavyxxSealsxx

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2013, 08:30:04 pm »
They do not come here solely for mini games my friend. We understand you want the plugin but quit promoting it saying shit like that. And I assure you that if people ask me for help I help them but wen people refer to helping as giving them tons of stuff we can't do that. The staff koolio has appointed and even him himself do everything they can do to help kraftzones players

johnny

• Staff
  • YIKERS
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2013, 02:57:02 am »
yes ik what u mean by that my good sir. but i meant sometimes when u guys arent here and no staff, no Koolio, and no Donators. and they give up and quit. i know u r willing to help people and ur rlly good at it. Me too i intend to help ppl as much as I can when u guys r not around. That maybe not all of them come from minigames and such. As I want that plugin is doesnt matter only to me it does make the server more entertaining. I know that also that the staff and Koolio does the best for helping us and new players.

-JoshLong42

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2013, 05:13:33 am »
i like the idea of having a VIP rank on the donor page. and i like the way you described it koolio. the only thing i would say is that staff still needs to stand above non staff ranks. i also would personaly vote for koolios second opotion, but i would consider setting the vote number above the 100 votes of M+. maybe 150 just to make it a little tougher. i wish to see nonstaff players with creative but i only want the most trustworthy of players to have it. very troublesome when abused.

what other names could we call that rank? im not liking my Donor+ name much, it implys that its only a donor thing even tho it encompasses 3 different rank requirements
~JoshLong42