The Dead Ages
KraftZone Server: mc.kraftzone.tk

=====================================================

Author Topic: The Dead Ages  (Read 4686 times)

Shawnotize

• View Profile
The Dead Ages
« on: June 03, 2013, 03:44:51 am »
The Dead Ages... As of Kraftzone, this may be one of the lowest points it has ever been at. The server is constantly down, so many awesome players have left, there is a high demand for new and helpful players. The server, when on, usually maxes out at 5 randoms some times, and all over all its just chaos. Everyone is seeming to leave.  Just to name a few well-known players, LunarBrick, DeaChamp(gets on sometimes) Jp123loz has not been on for awhile, CyberHedgeHog, CopyableCougar, and more. Its just sad to see kraftzone crumbling like this. In minecraft terms, this is where i basically grew up. I really hate to see Kraftzone be this way. I wish it was the same as it was last year. Kraftzone was complete. And to see everything decay and players get bored, fights break out, and everything just leave,its just sad.
"Forgive Me For My Disrespect Forgive Me For My Lies"

candymaster69

• “You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or eve
    • View Profile
Re: The Dead Ages
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 04:00:40 am »
I agree no one ever gets on so I don't rly go on that often either and the constant downtimes we get

Koolio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 06:43:25 pm »
Under the circumstances of hosting and changes that Kraftzone has been through the past few months. That more than anything has been the cause for losing players interest and giving them reason to go try out other servers, with extended periods of downtime.

The original hosting provider left, the dedicated server in Germany turned out to be run by an unprofessional prick.

And now while the new host provider back in USA started off great, the start of last month had an ssd hardware failure and then just further server change over and network problems, and just recently the host has changed ownership which has caused more problems with getting issues fixed quickly like this weekends issue.

I'm only saying all that because all those events and issues have lead upto where things are at.. oh hangon lol...   I might aswel add the fact that everyone and his cat and dog wants to run have a Minecraft server and Kraftzone server rankings slipping with the downtime....oh and not forgetting what sly's trolling kicked off.

Its really no surprise its low players. And while it might be my fault in the hosting choices and changes made to Kraftzone with the new survival only map or my opinions. Though that is the last thing I care about that causes players to leave.. I don't do enough of speaking my mind on things outside of Minecraft.

And its really never that low on players when I'm around and that's good enough for me, it started off low on players and players come and go all the time. I have no doubt that Kz will pick back up again as that is still a goal of mine to make it a better server.

"so many awesome players have left"

Well the only awesome players at Kraftzone are the ones who stick around through thick and thin and help make it better .... the rest just fall away or to put it nicely they just have other things to do and lose interest in Minecraft itself. And while some will always be welcomed back, others will just drift on and off wherever wind blows. So no not many awesome players to me have left infact many are still regulars.

The last thing is the boredom part, its still my intention to get an event timer done on the site and hooked up in game to make survival games, spleef etc type events more organizable so that players can be more aware of what times to come on. Instead of just coming on seeing not enough others on, and then disconnecting, only for a similar minded player to do the same thing a minute later etc etc

I think you get the point, if you have some ideas to improve the server or want to be around on it and build and get others to join then that helps to make it a 'better' server.

Dilly2k

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 11:45:46 pm »
I have several ideas for the server, but idk how to explain them :P

Dilly2k

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 11:48:46 pm »
Ok here's what we should add-

A new world for wilderness
A creative world for Member+ only (EDIT)
Much more plugins :P
/t withdraw
Having the ability to make nations (if nations work)
Adding /jobs back
Adding an /auction plugin to the server
Adding more hunger games arenas
More donator perks/ranks

That's all I can think of.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 12:00:48 am by Dilly2k »

Dilly2k

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2013, 11:50:50 pm »
And having sly host the server

:D

Koolio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2013, 12:24:56 am »
"A new world for wilderness"

Why a new world? there is /freebuild and /survival   both have wilderness.

"A creative world for some players"

What sort of creative world? Will probably add the cityworld map to the server this week.

"/t withdraw"

yeh will look at adding this back

"Adding /jobs back"

unsure maybe only with low $ amounts as that plugin can easily be abused.

"Adding an /auction plugin to the server"

hmm only problem is 1. finding a decent plugin for it, and 2. making sure it can't be exploited from freebuild world etc

"Adding more hunger games arenas"

I agree, just needs some area setting out in the current survival games map and a big dome around the area.

"More donator perks/ranks"

Like?

"And having sly host the server"

sly.kraftzone.tk   does actually goto slys server.... having sly host it wouldn't be ideal as the current hosting despite the downtime issues is nice setup and its dedicated towards just running minecraft. Maybe there could be some other type of setup to better handle downtime better.

Dilly2k

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2013, 12:34:09 am »
The donator perms would be-
removing /god
replacing it with /heal and /feed people abuse /god too much
T3 having access to making names on weapons
A new survival world due to the one right now is shit because people don't know how to unclaim plots
a creative world sortof like myplot city world with 64x64 plots
/jobs agreed. It is possible to reset your /jobs by leaving then rejoining it. If you will do this, make it a cool down for months before you can do a job over
and sly hosting is a derp :D

~Sly

• View Profile
    • YouTube.com/slyguy47
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2013, 03:23:15 am »
sly.kraftzone.tk

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

But thanks for the new convenient domain for muh server :P

Shawnotize

• View Profile