1.4 Reset?
KraftZone Server: mc.kraftzone.tk

=====================================================

Author Topic: 1.4 Reset?  (Read 5861 times)

SantaKlaws

• View Profile
1.4 Reset?
« on: October 22, 2012, 04:11:26 am »
SantaKlaws here, and I'm going to make this one short. My question is: will there be a map reset sometime around 1.4? Personally, I think there shouldn't, and I'm sure many will agree. Here are a few reasons why the map shouldn't be reset, in the case that you (Koolio) are thinking about resetting the map.
-Nothing special is getting added, as in no cool terrain features, only new things are carrots, potatos, and witch huts, all of which are not nessecary for the server to have (unless you crave them, that is), and are all minor things, unlike desert and snow villages.
-PvP is optional, so you wouldn't have to reset OP PvP gear.
-The map isn't griefed, so why reset it?

The only reason I care, is because I want to know if it's worth spending a large chunk of time on my base or not. Also, if you aren't resetting the map at 1.4, when are you thinking of resetting it, if ever?

Thanks for reading my text wall, if you read it,
SantaKlaws, Mayor of Maliwan- Inventing the future

Koolio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 1.4 Reset?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 05:47:27 am »
"-Nothing special is getting added, as in no cool terrain features, only new things are carrots, potatos, and witch huts, all of which are not nessecary for the server to have (unless you crave them, that is), and are all minor things, unlike desert and snow villages."

Wow 1.4 is even more shitt than I thought.

Don't worry there is only OOOOOOOOONNNNNNNEEEEEEEEE

reason that would make me reset the map right now. And that is its too big to render for http://kraftzone.tk/map  well actually its not the size, its that it doesn't finish rendering at all.. due to some bug or glitchty terrain ( I actually have no idea) due to the fact there are no errors reports.

So yeah I won't be changing the map at all, and would only ever changing it in the future if

a:) Mojang released a terrain update that actually required starting a new map (like the Anvil update) or worth resetting map for ( highly unlikely seeing as they fail so much at doing anything semi decent anymore)

b:) A bukkit developer makes a world generator that just completely makes default terrain a joke.. (this is far more likely option and if Mojang ever stop sucking and actually work on releasing that API that they keep on saying they are working on (barely), for outside developers, so they can do a better job of all things Minecraft)

SantaKlaws

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 07:02:24 am »
Yay :D Back to working on maliwan :3 Oh, and will you allow anvils to be used? People could get too OP, even on an optional PvP server...

Shawnotize

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 11:14:42 am »
I line you santa... You seen bauws
"Forgive Me For My Disrespect Forgive Me For My Lies"