Kraftzone Updates
KraftZone Server: mc.kraftzone.tk

=====================================================

Author Topic: Kraftzone Updates  (Read 13297 times)

Koolio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Kraftzone Updates
« on: April 30, 2013, 08:09:34 pm »
So haven't made any news topic since last month, has been plenty of changes going on as I'm sure some of you are aware....

As a reminder incase some of you didn't know...

-The server is enabled for smart moving http://kraftzone.tk/smartmoving, so if you do have the mod installed, you can join the growing number of players who who see other players with the mod in style when they are flying, diving, swimming etc

-SkyBlock is now playable on the server, this is pretty much the current replacement for hunger games though that might be coming back. You do need to reach Member rank in order to start a skyblock; /island to start playing. And don't forget skyblock challenges /c provides a way of getting items and blocks not normally accessible in the sky world.

-A new capture the flag map has been made, and an updated version of the warzone have been setup at sky spawn.. you can play them by going to..  /warhub

-Mob Arena is back, , Minecrafts naff 1.5 lighting improvements were so good, I decided Raze arena would be more playable for all players if it was moved out of the nether and put in the sky spawn world :D

It had some minor changes, some insider news from the developer garbagemule on mob arena, is working on a feature request that I hope will be making its way out in a not so distant release. Mob arena will be able to offer some more engaging map types whereby players have to get to a destination as they battle past mob waves. Bit more interesting than just standing around in an arena fighting mob waves.

- The boat racing has been added to sky spawn, the warp sign is at /spawn for it.

Sky spawn is also coming together very nicely, and we have an awesome looking server /shop which will be getting more items priced.

The new /survival only map and the anti xray ore obfuscation has been going without any problems so far. I know some of you still want to see 'jobs' plugin back however I think the current setup of selling items you have gained and getting extra money from voting has been the best balance of the server economy yet. Unrestricted creative access and the jobs plugin were the biggest flaws that could be abused in the old server setup.

I don't want to be back tracking and putting on plugins and making changes that just bring back problems these changes were done to prevent. And now that the old map (which from now on will be refereed to as the 'freebuild map') will be, free to build on again, with no restrictions on creative users giving out of items. I pretty much think its better for everyone now, and there might be another freebuild city map with same freebuild setup coming soon. 

The global block on the /freebuild world will be removed before the end of this week or soon after I post this :D , as most all buildings and towns have been properly protected. Sorry it took so long to get that done, its a boring and manual process that wasn't helped with the server data loss caused by an irresponsible hosting company,  thanks to staff that helped with that over the month anyway.

You can see the freebuild map here: http://kraftzone.tk/map_kz2/

Use that or dynmap if you have access to locate your old town or buildings, if you want to get to that area you built in, provide coordinates to staff so that they can better help you, and also give access to your region if it has been protected without your player name in it.

- If you do come across anything that is unprotected that should be, please let staff know so that can be checked.
- Creative players are allowed to give out items in this world.
- There is no anti xray, however there also isn't any shops
- Money and shops only work in the survival and sky spawn maps.

-----------------------

And thanks to all who have been voting, it has really picked up since last months mess around with the dedicated server hosting. Gone from a low 700 total votes due to downtime to over 2000 this month and much more stable server back in North America... I think the poll vote has become pretty clear that from now on Kraftzone will be staying in USA.

This months top voter rank will be going to these loyal players:

- - godfathr
- - Sebastian182
- - iceAOS

... those with higher votes are either Member+ or Donators so they have already got an equivalent or higher rank, your loyalty is appreciated all the same. You can check more voting stats (and soon previous months) by logging in to the http://kraftzone.tk/server page using your in game playername and server password.

Other things coming soon... I'm planning to make a promotional video for Kraftzone to show off some of the very cool builds and game attractions we have going on the server now. So if any of you want to provide any screenshots or video of your buildings to things you want featured, then feel free let me know.

Another thing is that events run on the server have in the past have been very unplanned and this is another thing I'm wanting to change this month, with an event timer on the website to show when the next planned event will be taking place with timezone adjustment, something a bit better than the forum calender block, most likely will replace that when I'm finished with it actually.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 12:40:59 am by Koolio »

Shawnotize

• View Profile
Re: Kraftzone Updates
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 08:14:07 pm »
This was useful to new players, but i didnt quite understand what you told me about the SmartMoving speed? Because i dont have fly, it thinks im trying to hack fly with Nodus or something, and you told me to lower the speed. I tried to go into the file in notepad and change things, but it still does the same thing. Can you explain this to me? So everyone new and old without fly can use smartmoving. I mean it works you just cant dive, double jump, and climb. It will lag you back down. Thanks
"Forgive Me For My Disrespect Forgive Me For My Lies"

Dilly2k

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 08:26:01 pm »
lol hack fly it's fly ;D

Koolio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 08:29:03 pm »
Only have smart moving enabled (default toggle hotkey: F9)  when you have fly enabled is the easiest thing.

If you have smartmoving enabled, and you haven't used a fly disc to enable fly, or haven't got /fly ... then the server(specifically nocheat+) will depending on if your smart moving speed settings usually set at 100% will interpret some smart moving actions as being too fast, these might not even be actions and could just be running or walking. I did say that lowering smartmoving speed settings would probably stop that, however I think nocheat just looks to see if a jump is a jump based on move distance/direction, just as the same as falling, if you are falling too fast or falling too slowly, then its seen as invalid movement.. its only valid when you have fly enabled because well any weird movement speeds are possible then.

Shawnotize

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 08:38:21 pm »
Thats what i figured. Damn you nocheat!
"Forgive Me For My Disrespect Forgive Me For My Lies"

RedArrow

• Yes, it is me!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 12:07:45 pm »
Those pictures look f*cked up...
Cigarettes are like squirrels. They're perfectly harmless until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire.

Never apologize, you are already too late when you want to.

-Ex Registered
-Ex Member
-Ex Member+
-Ex Voter+
-Ex FeatherClub
-Ex Architect
-Ex Staff
-Ex Support
-Currently Donator

Koolio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2013, 01:08:20 pm »
That's not a very nice thing to say RedArrow... especially not without FUCKING saying why?!

RedArrow

• Yes, it is me!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2013, 02:51:51 pm »
Ok, sorry, but you know why they look f*cked up now, that angle is just strange...
Cigarettes are like squirrels. They're perfectly harmless until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire.

-Ex Registered
-Ex Member
-Ex Member+
-Ex Voter+
-Ex FeatherClub
-Ex Architect
-Ex Staff
-Ex Support
-Currently Donator

Koolio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2013, 03:24:41 pm »
yes I was looking for some pictures to use... and found I had http://kraftzone.tk/2013-04-20_14.46.06.jpg

As you can see it all makes sense now....

Just think I could have cropped a picture of the adminshop from that angle aswel :D
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 03:34:23 pm by Koolio »

RedArrow

• Yes, it is me!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2013, 04:03:55 pm »
Hmmm, a picture with an angle like that in the adminshop, challenge rejected :)

-Ex Registered
-Ex Member
-Ex Member+
-Ex Voter+
-Ex FeatherClub
-Ex Architect
-Ex Staff
-Ex Support
-Currently Donator

Komaquest

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2013, 12:00:54 am »
Hey its Me Komaquest and im wondering if the server is up or not PLZ ANSWER ME!!!!  :-\

RedArrow

• Yes, it is me!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2013, 12:09:02 am »
You could read the shoutbox, or look at the top left corner of the site...

-Ex Registered
-Ex Member
-Ex Member+
-Ex Voter+
-Ex FeatherClub
-Ex Architect
-Ex Staff
-Ex Support
-Currently Donator

Nytalix

• Staff
  • [Insert meme]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2013, 07:43:24 am »
How will we even get to those places ???
Mess with the best, die with the rest

RedArrow

• Yes, it is me!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2013, 11:56:22 am »
/warhub and /ma join ;)

-Ex Registered
-Ex Member
-Ex Member+
-Ex Voter+
-Ex FeatherClub
-Ex Architect
-Ex Staff
-Ex Support
-Currently Donator

Dilly2k

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2013, 12:23:43 pm »
How will we even get to those places ???
Koolio already said how to get to these places...

/ma join
/warhub
/island
If you're a Member, you can play skyblock