What is going on...
KraftZone Server: mc.kraftzone.tk

=====================================================

Author Topic: What is going on...  (Read 7145 times)

Koolio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
What is going on...
« on: March 06, 2013, 07:58:37 am »
Kraftzone's dedicated server host have decided to move datacenter ... here is what is on their frontpage......

We are currently moving our Hardware into a new Datacenter, no data has been lost! all 93 Machines are safe! We are trying to keep the downtime as short as posible, we asume to be back online at Friday at 100% Capacity.

I was not informed of this server move, if I knew about it I wouldn't have gone with them for hosting in the first place after moving from fpsbox (after all, the last thing I want is more downtime). Now I'm in a monthly bill with them (and very much thinking of taking up dispute over it), unfortunately I can't just jump ship and get a new server to avoid this downtime (yet anyway). To add to matters here is snippet of what was said to me last night about the server...

We still got ur old data , but you propably need to pay 8 euro for that (transactioncosts) but i will discuss it

As you can see this is what I'm dealing with here, not sure what hell they are thinking about trying to mention charging me a transaction cost on this. When it is them who have decided to uproot customers and move servers without giving prior notice. Anyway I won't mention who these hosters are, because quiet frankly they don't even deserve bad publicity.

Will be looking for another server host instead if things can't be sorted out.

Anyway sorry about downtime, will put any new info as soon as I get it.

jp123loz

• View Profile
Re: What is going on...
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 06:09:42 pm »
welp, guess I'm making singleplayer builds and playing tf2 whilst the server is down

Koolio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 06:27:46 pm »
I tried the 1.5 snapshot.. .checked out the new lighting, aka 1 upside down stair block corner that doesn't go fully black .. amazing progress mojang.

lost interest after 5minutes, and I forgot to check out the pillar block.. oh well :D

Nytalix

• Staff
  • [Insert meme]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 06:03:44 am »
koolio is your time same with the pilihpins?
Mess with the best, die with the rest

reddneckapache

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 07:35:02 am »
thats straight up bullshit lol its completely their fault, and they want to charge YOU? they shouldnt have done the move without contacting all the server owners in the first place. But what i want to know is if you actually paid them or withheld the transaction... if you feel up to telling me that
"Rippin' lips and packin' dips" ~Any true redneck can relate

Koolio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 03:57:31 pm »
Yes there wasn't a good line of communication over what happened initially, the transaction cost they mentioned to me, turned out to be for a usb stick so they could dump everything off the server hdd. I would have been fine with that had I know that's what it was for..

"But what i want to know is if you actually paid them "

I had already paid for the server in mid Feb after moving from fpsbox.

As explained in the later update though, it has been resolved. They weren't able to get my server from the old datacenter out in the moving, so they have given me a new machine at Hetzner. Hopefully now things can settle down as we got lots of rebuilding to do both the new sky spawn. Also gonna try get a tf2/pvp server type setup, as have to regain the lost and missing playerbase that all this moving around, downtime and ip changes have caused.

jp123loz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2013, 04:25:16 pm »
Would it be more like a survival/pvp server, or a minigame server?

Koolio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2013, 11:36:34 pm »
Minigame/hunger games server more like..  I'd make a ramdisk and run the server from that.. superfast map/chunk loading.