Our Dead Economy.
KraftZone Server: mc.kraftzone.tk

=====================================================

Author Topic: Our Dead Economy.  (Read 14073 times)

DeadChampion43

• View Profile
Re: Our Dead Economy.
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2013, 09:25:28 pm »
Lol Same here Blue I throw them in lava :P

RedArrow

• Yes, it is me!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2013, 10:08:07 pm »
4) we can take evey ones money away and only let them have $500 Too see who's money Gose higher Than 1 mil.

What is the purpose of this thingy? Why should we "see who's money Gose higher Than 1 mil."???
Cigarettes are like squirrels. They're perfectly harmless until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire.

Never apologize, you are already too late when you want to.

-Ex Registered
-Ex Member
-Ex Member+
-Ex Voter+
-Ex FeatherClub
-Ex Architect
-Ex Staff
-Ex Support
-Currently Donator

DeadChampion43

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2013, 11:13:54 pm »
Whoes ever money gose up Higer the fastes could be some one that been xraying soo yeah .....

RedArrow

• Yes, it is me!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2013, 12:29:43 pm »
But you want an anti xray plugin?? :O
Cigarettes are like squirrels. They're perfectly harmless until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire.

Never apologize, you are already too late when you want to.

-Ex Registered
-Ex Member
-Ex Member+
-Ex Voter+
-Ex FeatherClub
-Ex Architect
-Ex Staff
-Ex Support
-Currently Donator

DeadChampion43

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2013, 04:17:37 pm »
Yeah but Nvm -.-

ArrowHead

• I am the troll ~ArrowHead
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2013, 12:55:34 pm »
I guess the 500 thing should be reduced to 0, first to 1mill they have to tell us how the got the money
:D ~My Name is Dan, and therefore i am awesome~

Koolio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2013, 04:09:23 pm »
OK FAT WALL OF TEXT APPROACHING, I wrote a bunch of it and then left it, I've been getting to grips with using linux on a dedicated server recently so haven't had a lot of time finish this up, among other life stuff.

------------------

"I personally think the server should not divide to premium and non-premium. Our server is unique because it is one of the few servers that allow a person to play with a group of people. Most servers require a person to be premium. We should never go that route."

In the year I've run Kraftzone, I can tell you without a doubt it would have grown to be a popular server if it didn't have the password registration setup. Among other things less hassle overall, however with popularity brings new problems aswel which is why I'm not wanting to rush into things.

The registration system has turned away premium players and even cracked players who have been confused over the process  (which is maybe a good thing, however as someone who wants to see more players enjoying the server its also kinda sad), lost accounts (plugin/server issues) passwords ...premium players are so used to just going on a server without having to make a new password for it. The only real problem premium servers have is with Mojang authentication servers messing things up for servers without adequate server security and/or whitelist setup.

Also the extra hassles of running a offline server and security vulnerabilities, which I can tell you is no easy task when complete retards have an easier way to come back on the server with different ip's, proxies and usernames (instead of them needing to have multiple premium accounts), or the plugin exploits, because most developers don't test there plugins in an online, auth off setup. And who can blame them when its not exactly a bukkit requirement in plugin submissions. Offline only exists in bukkit to help developers. The fact it hasn't been closed is very much to do with developers. And Notch knowing that if it was removed minecrafts popularity would decline faster than his few actual in-house paid developers could bring out in improvements for the game or multiplayer, that a community of free developers bring to the game. However I would not be surprised with Mojang forcing Bukkit to prevent offline mode during this year when they get out a proper mod api.

On a sidenote donations from non premium players are far less likely to donate to a server, they are more inclined to buy minecraft first if anything, which doesn't come as any surprise.

There is plenty more reasons that running an offline server is just shunned by the community (even plugin developers):

Kraftzone has never been a featured server at planetminecraft, its laid low while other servers that started during similar time as mine, got featured and instantly got huge viewer hits, that kind of stuff helps a new server get noticed. While mine has catered to cracked players, it couldn't ever get featured simply because..

I think some of you might take it for granted I run it this way, and its only because the 2 servers I used to play on stopped running an offline server or 3 if you include Styx, which was the very last minecraft server I ever played on before starting Kraftzone, they were all auth off servers I enjoyed playing on, and Kz is the way it is because of those previous servers.

I don't promise that Kraftzone will never go premium, I don't promise anything actually because the future is unknown. I do plan to keep running a server that allows for offline players to play, for as long as its possible with the actual bukkit software. That means that should there be any split in Kraftzone's server setup, if that happens I would still look to provide the auth off server somehow (and keep it running like Kraftzone). It would however also mean the split of Kraftzone would carry on as a premium only server and lose the registration system.

So to summarize:

. Loyalty to non premium players
. Get fully dedicated hardware
. Start premium Kraftzone server(s)

If you still reading this and wondering what this got to do with server economy :D lol ... well things like that are just much easier to do from scratch. Small things however will be changed along the way, some of those changes are already happening, including the selling of spawners (currently you do not get money from killing mobs at spawners, and there is more of a limit on how many a player can have unless they are a town mayor), more rules and guidelines in prices and what not for donators and staff to follow in dealing with things like repairs, shops and enchants etc.

I've said it a few times in game but I wouldn't be making any big changes to the economy until Mojang release a big update perhaps bringing in new map changes. It makes doing a map reset much easier for players to swallow and thus losing there diamond block chests, phat bank accounts etc :D. And whatever other hoarded booty they've gained from Kraftzone's less than strict rules and plugin configs over the months. However I do also like this option....

"FUCK WHIT THE ECONOMY AND I WILL FUCKING BAN YOUR ASS Thank You and have a good day :P"

...lol that would probably take the number of active players on Kraftzone down a bit, and of course I'm not like that. So need to do things over time and prepare more. The goal is to make the server fun and still have that element of needing to do all the basics of getting food, making farms, killing mobs and building.

However its not really had a good trading economy, or regular events...  I'll have another post on the situation with where things are going with the server later.

~Sly

• View Profile
    • YouTube.com/slyguy47
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2013, 09:06:10 pm »
    tl;dr version of Koolio's post:

• KraftZone might go Premium depending on Bukkit's actions
    • No map reset until Mojang makes somewhat-big game change/etc.
    • Koolio wants to ditch the registration system due to its inconvenience and technical difficulty

Koolio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2013, 09:32:20 pm »
"Koolio wants to ditch the registration system due to its inconvenience and technical difficulty"

I do want to run a server without it yes, however not if it means not running a server with registration. If it was a toss up between the two and I could only run one server, it would be how it is with the auth registration.

icyd00m

• Lapis. :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2013, 02:47:41 am »
Big problem
NO LAPIS IN ADMIN SHOP D:
Buying all Redstone ore (blocks too when updated),  lapis ore/blocks/pieces, and selling diamond blocks.
25 per Redstone ore, same for lapis ore.
5 per lapis piece, 45 for a block.
And selling diamond blocks 11500 each ;)