Happy New Year
KraftZone Server: mc.kraftzone.tk

=====================================================

Author Topic: Happy New Year  (Read 10475 times)

Koolio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Happy New Year
« on: January 01, 2013, 10:32:32 am »

Happy New Year Everyone.

Kraftzone Anniversary

It's been full year of running Kraftzone now, I'd just like to thank everyone one you for playing here, building great stuff, making it the community that it is. Even to those who don't build so great :D and the players who cause trouble from time to time. Its nice to know you all decided to spend your time on my server and I hope you all got something from it unless it was a ban in which case I'm sorry it had to come to that,  but its a good thing there is a server out there for everyone and that's the way it should be.

Another thanks to those who have supported the server financially by getting a donator perk. When I first started Kraftzone the hosting I went for was only what I was prepared to pay monthly to have a server of my own. Initially allowing donations wasn't something I was interested in, however better server hardware costs more and you soon realize that your time spent being a good host and managing things takes your time aswel. It goes from just being a game hobby you enjoy having fun and being creative in, to being a responsibility where things that effect your server and loyal players effects you. You could say my outlook and reasoning for still running this server has a changed a bit since I first started it. It grows with every new player, addition and feature that gets added to the server and website.

Finally the biggest thanks however goes to Ytsen and all kraftzone support/staff and those who have made Kraftzone your main server.

Anyway last thing because I still find it funny thinking back to why I actually even wanted to start a minecraft server...

Not many know this but the reason Kraftzone was started was because of a culmination of events that happened on the server I used to play on called Styx, probably a only a few I know remember it, Ytsen, Central_bullitz, Fluffy and Redarrow  will all definitely remember it as they all played there.

Three events happened in space of a week starting from the first which was my discovery of a craftbukkit server exploit to duplicate items (it worked on every server I tried, however being the player that I am I kept it to myself and reported the exploit). The second reason was that the main admin of Styx never wanted to make a server shop that sold all dyed wool colors :D (yeh after my duping exploit that was no longer a problem and its the reason I started the woolshop in Titan, full on production of all wool colors was now possible by myself lol) ... the final straw however was the addition of OreObfuscator. There is 2 things I like about minecraft flying and being able to use xray. Well that was the final straw, there were no other servers I had found that I liked enough to just be player on, the duping exploit would soon be patched. And that was when the decision to start my own server began.

The server before Styx, was MicroKraft one of my 2nd favorites and it sadly closed down, the one before that I don't even remember and yet its the server I would most want to try making Kraftzone into someday.

Well that's it, the future of Kraftzone is to carry on because I enjoy it despite the problems it has at times. I will have another post about where things might be going and why, which I'll put a link too soon.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 02:45:33 am by Koolio »

Koolio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Happy New Year
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 10:35:06 am »
Dayum does that look good or what :D

Wallpaper sized version of it here: http://kraftzone.tk/newyear2013_full.jpg

...for any serious kz server addicts.

SnowAOS

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 01:27:43 pm »
Lol, It looks amazing! good job with it :D

RedArrow

• Yes, it is me!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 06:27:12 pm »
To quote the words of a fellow Kraftzone player:

Lol, It looks amazing! good job with it :D
Cigarettes are like squirrels. They're perfectly harmless until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire.

Never apologize, you are already too late when you want to.

-Ex Registered
-Ex Member
-Ex Member+
-Ex Voter+
-Ex FeatherClub
-Ex Architect
-Ex Staff
-Ex Support
-Currently Donator

bluedudex2

• Ex-staff Founder of digiknight games
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 12:08:36 pm »
that post of the origin was amazing... everyone LIKE DIS IF YOU CRI EVER TIM
Playing games for the graphics is like watching p0rn for the story

RedArrow

• Yes, it is me!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 01:41:00 pm »
Not many know this but the reason Kraftzone was started was because of a culmination of events that happened on the server I used to play on called Styx, probably a only a few I know remember it, Ytsen, Central_bullitz, Fluffy and Redarrow  will all definitely remember it as they all played there.

Fuu, I'm the only one that hasn't been support yet :P
Cigarettes are like squirrels. They're perfectly harmless until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire.

Never apologize, you are already too late when you want to.

-Ex Registered
-Ex Member
-Ex Member+
-Ex Voter+
-Ex FeatherClub
-Ex Architect
-Ex Staff
-Ex Support
-Currently Donator

Pepsi87

• Staff
  • IGN: Razor45656