Ark Survival server info...
KraftZone Server: mc.kraftzone.tk

=====================================================

Author Topic: Ark Survival server info...  (Read 19020 times)

Koolio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Ark Survival server info...
« on: July 24, 2015, 05:06:59 pm »
Server Specs: Xeon e3 3.4ghz, 16gb ram, ddos protected.
Server location is: France (English only though) OVH dedicated, good backbone network
Server config: 10x Gather, 6x XP and dino taming rates.

Server just started, bit empty until night times currently, EU/USA players mainly, server is on 24/7

Connect: steam://connect/pvp.kraftzone.net:27015   (paste the line in browser url bar)
Or just search: 'Kraftzone' etc in the server list

Teamspeak: ts3.kraftzone.net
Website: http://kraftzone.net  (Ark survival forum section just getting started, located here: http://kraftzone.net/forum/index.php?action=forum#c9)

Server settings:
AutoSavePeriodMinutes=10.000000
MaxStructuresInRange=1200
PreventDownloadSurvivors=False
PreventDownloadItems=True
PreventDownloadDinos=False
ServerCrosshair=True
AllowThirdPersonPlayer=True
ShowMapPlayerLocation=True
AlwaysNotifyPlayerLeft=True
AlwaysNotifyPlayerJoined=True
XPMultiplier=6.000000
TamingSpeedMultiplier=6.000000
HarvestAmountMultiplier=10.000000
HarvestHealthMultiplier=2.000000
ResourcesRespawnPeriodMultiplier=2.000000
PlayerCharacterStaminaDrainMultiplier=0.800000
DisableStructureDecayPvE=True
AllowFlyerCarryPvE=True
NoTributeDownloads=False
GlobalVoiceChat=False
DayCycleSpeedScale=0.7
NightTimeSpeedScale=2

Server Rules: The one with where you piss me off, or another player or group who come complaining to me that you did a,b or c and I have to do something you might not like.

Chat Rules: Don't care just don't be too weird.

Suggestions welcome (server config settings etc) Will be using workshop mods later on.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 01:29:39 pm by Koolio »

Pepsi87

• Staff
  • IGN: Razor45656
    • View Profile
Re: Ark Survival server info...
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 05:38:38 pm »
Chat rules: Don't be a kott
I cant really build anything.

Kott

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 06:14:20 pm »
lmao
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Koolio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2015, 01:29:59 pm »
kott wasn't that bad :D

Chris

• Donator
  • Don't let your memes be dreams. Just do it
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2015, 03:27:11 pm »
i cri, what about the rust server "Maybe" i cri
insanity

Koolio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2015, 11:45:53 am »
Steam advertisement posted here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/10/535151589896766565/

@Chris I had a reply for this, but lost it, will write another later.. but basically I don't think Rust server will ever happen.

Pepsi87

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2015, 05:50:15 pm »
Lost it? Suffer from amnesia? Lawls jk. But rust was really fun, it was rather a refreshing game after long Minecraft binges.

Koolio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2015, 03:43:43 pm »
..heh no I just closed browser.

The big reason has always been because facepunch can't be arsed to fix and release a working Linux server for Rust, probably would have started one up back when I started the 7dtd server last year. They had a linux test build out but it was completely broken, and seems like instead of fixing it, they just pulled it. Rust is made on the Unity engine like 7dtd, but at least the later got a 32bit server out while making a fraction of the money Rust pulled in.

The other reasons are just personal reasons I have against facepunch for being a site for complete retarded trolls. The type that don't even know what the difference is between a firewall and antivirus software yet feel the need to jump into threads to provide absolutely fuck all usefulness.. and worse its lead developer (gary) showed himself to be an even bigger moron after the private conversation I had with him.

So basically no Rust, its gone kinda shit, also tying character look to steamid is retarded. I did enjoy the game a few months back  when there were exploits to abuse. Like the one where players could use the doors to glitch into rocks and start building and storing there shit without fear of it being raided. Otherwise the game gets old fast, hosting a server for players to go raiding bases just isn't that appealing especially when the entire of the premise of the game is pretty shallow and shit overall. Even the random terrain generation is crap and the world is pretty dead boring, and consider they barely have much AI, when you compare it the huge amount of wildlife and living AI in the world that Ark has.. its like WTF has Rust being doing for all these years.. they screwed up Rust legacy by just abandoning and leaving it to the hackers, Rust 2.0 has been in the making for almost 2years and look at what they have achieved not fucking much.

Anyway see a lot more potential in Ark survival, for a game that has only been out a few months the developers have achieved alot and put more effort into giving server owners better tools to run a server. There updates are constantly providing new features for players and they have already released a devkit for those who want to get stuck into Unreal Engine and start making mods and new maps (and on that I will say that I can't fucking stand random terrain generation, I really do think game worlds are better when a real human has gone through and designed the map, for all skill of coding random world generation it falls flat when the task of building a world is given to an artist with the right tools to create an amazing world to explore play and build in) And for that reason I would rather host a server for a game like that as it is more true to Kraftzone.

Hopefully the Ark server lasts longer, it doesn't have the destructible sandbox terrain, but it makes up for it by providing everything a worldbuilder would want to do  outside of the game via Unreal Engine. And I do like modding so maybe in a few months the server might have its own custom mods and a Kraftzone map.

So basically thats how it is, sure if anyone wants to donate for a new server to run Rust or othergames on it I might do it but if its me paying for the server it will just be my choice.

----------

back to Ark patcch 190 is causing some crashing so server might be down until a hotfix is out.

Chris

• Donator
  • Don't let your memes be dreams. Just do it
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2015, 04:05:41 pm »
Hmm I can understand I guess, also you had a personal talk with gary? wow thats kinda cool. Also maybe when x-mas sale comes out I might buy Ark Survival... who knows :D
Looks really cool, but I kinda wanted to get rust b4 so yeah~ thanks for a nice reply btw.
insanity

Koolio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2015, 07:10:12 pm »
"also you had a personal talk with gary? wow thats kinda cool".. it wasn't.

Pepsi87

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2015, 07:26:33 pm »
The most savage quote I've ever seen.
*Que fag air horns and black people going "OHHHH"* https://youtu.be/IFmO-DggS0Y
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 07:33:39 pm by Pepsi87 »

Inzann

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2015, 11:48:36 pm »
Is the server down or something? I can't find it or join it anymore even through the IP. I don't play minecraft or anything, I found this community through the ARK server.

Koolio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2015, 01:05:24 am »
Should be up.. just updated it today with newest patch

Inzann

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2015, 02:12:09 am »
Is this server meant to allow people to transfer dinosuars in? Some people get like 20 high level dinousaurs in at a time. Whats the point in taming on this server when its like this? :/

Koolio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2015, 07:48:33 am »
Its not meant to allowed it at all actually, I guess something in the ark config has changed in one of these many damn useless updates the game practically gets every day.

I'll check it the config and see whats changed for next restart.