8 (32%)
Partial item restore
2 (8%)
Cost penalty to restore
3 (12%)
Other idea?
2 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: Scavenger item restore...  (Read 19269 times)

Mejran

• hi
    • View Profile
Re: Scavenger item restore...
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2014, 07:52:32 am »
world of warcraft is a great game, with great concepts.

im looking at the concepts, because they can be good ideas for idk, pvp?

important note; if koolio says that adding item restore is what drove people away to a different server, maybe remove item restore? but then again, its maybe just better to change it.

and I think we all know what happened to the server. atleast from what I can think of, this server has turned to a server full of 10 year old casuals who complain about being griefed all the time.

so maybe a solution to this, ADD A NEW WORLD.

where griefing is allowed, where killing is allowed, where items drop on death, where its hardcore. give players something new to do.
i am a virgin. i like pelicans and unicorns and sunshine and lollipops and candies and chocolate and eating and being fat and shit why are you reading this wtf

johnny

• Staff
  • YIKERS
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2014, 08:02:02 am »
Well I never said it was a bad game but in my opinion I never liked it...

Kott

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2014, 09:41:31 am »
Omg... That's actually a good idea!
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Nytalix

• Staff
  • [Insert meme]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2014, 12:17:54 pm »
True of what Johnny said this server has become into a building game now lol
but what i hate most about this is that some is people complain they lost there stuff in pvp or someone stole it
then they spam us.

not a complain just a fact...about me

I'd say have commands to turn it off and on
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 12:21:14 pm by IceAOS »
Mess with the best, die with the rest

Kott

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2014, 01:15:30 pm »
Yea, like a new World for hardcore or like iceAOS said
Like the new ones who play here but are new and doesnt really
read the forums will go mad and ask like all the time
where their things are and then they'll leave.
I Think in the Worlds we use now, scavenger is on for
everyone, and there is a Hardcore World like ./hardcore or something
like that.. cus otherwise it gets messy and people ask all the time
how to do and blah.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Kodsas

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2014, 01:22:57 pm »
no scavenger
nuff said

Koolio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2014, 02:02:32 pm »
will see how it goes with the scavenger nerf, not going even think about adding new worlds until after 1.8 out

Mejran

• hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2014, 04:18:26 pm »
how about this koolio? is this cmd affected whatsoever by combat?

i know on some servers, you get killed in-game or banned for combat logging, but what about this system?

what if there is a match between 2 giraffes, and they both have scavenger active. if they are both in combat, can they still disable the cmd? and how will the other person know?

personally, im a cheating bitch (not irl, sort of. no homo). if im fighting another person, and I know for a fact I will lose, I will just disable scavenger and bam, nothing lost. but what if I actually do win, but it turns out that giraffe im fighting also turned it off?

its gay.

so maybe take that into consideration.

(as for the new world) - whats the problem? actually i dont know shit about commands, or making new worlds. but id sure be willing to help to build a spawn, arena, or anything for it. im sure dozens of other people (maybe some you dont trust) would say the same. and a world really is needed tbh. it will 100% guarenteed attract many players. who are pvpers. (and maybe?) we can get alot of players that way again.

and what Kodsas said, there should be scavenger, otherwise what Johnny says is true. this server IS really becoming a building server. need a solution? add a message for when they log in. so they know basic commands and /warps - to get them started.

want an even  better idea? make the spawn like a walkthrough. some servers ive been on, put me in a jail cell. with a little story. and you follow the paths, and the signs to the end, where there is an epic portal you walk through and *poof* your in the real spawn. this walkthrough, can teach you about basic commands, and in order to actually finish the walkthrough, you need to repeat what the signs say. for example.

"You login and you are standing in a room." - you look at chat, a guide shows you what to do "walk out of the room, follow the signs" if you dont repeat them, then you get teleported back to the start. (this can also prevent spammers or botters) - this walkthrough, can teach people the rules, simple commands like /t info, /sethome, /spawn, etc. and can teach new players about the servers, you can show a wall of who is the admin, who is staff, etc. you can also teach what will happen to you if you grief, spam, and so on and so on. I can go on with what you can add.

^thats a good idea, because then new players will have a sense of whats going on in the server, and maybe, it can lure them in. and make them have fun!

im just saying, if you really want more players, and even though it will seem stupid, or time consuming, you should add a new world. add or make a new trailer (im getting back home in canada in a week where I have my good computer so maybe I can help? (I got fraps)) and advertise, and perhaps instead of $2400 or flydiscs, add new rewards to voting, like diamond blocks, or even more cash like $5000, with a jackpot prize of $50000 or some shit like that.

I know, this is alot of stuff, maybe irrelevant to scavenger item restore. but I spent like 10 minutes typing all this so im not erasing it XD
i am a virgin. i like pelicans and unicorns and sunshine and lollipops and candies and chocolate and eating and being fat and shit why are you reading this wtf

johnny

• Staff
  • YIKERS
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2014, 04:25:53 pm »
If you guys have any other ideas for Koolio then go ahead. We will be waiting your responses. Take Mejran for example when he states his opinion or ideas he explains.

Mejran

• hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2014, 04:31:39 pm »
well according to 6 people (look at my Liked Rating) my ideas suck.

Kodsas

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2014, 09:58:20 pm »
yep

Dilly2k

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2014, 09:59:56 pm »
darude-sandstorm

No. You do not know what that is used for. Also that shit died months ago... It's more of spam now.

Mejran

• hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2014, 08:01:47 am »
darude-sandstorm

No. You do not know what that is used for. Also that shit died months ago... It's more of spam now.

your right. I actually dont know what its used for, but its funny lol idk why im a crazy dolphin. BUT lets keep the topic to scavenger item restore!

seaofpain

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2014, 06:17:19 am »
there is a bug no matter what yo do you still lose your stuff

HOTSstarcraft2

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2014, 06:18:53 am »
i dont like loosing all my stuff when i die please put it back