Youtube rank
KraftZone Server: mc.kraftzone.tk

=====================================================

Author Topic: Youtube rank  (Read 8716 times)

Koolio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Youtube rank
« on: June 17, 2014, 11:20:54 am »
This is still work in progress, and much is still set to change and to be added.

Going to be moving towards using this format and other ways of advertising kraftzone, both players and contributors will have a way of earning points (that help towards getting higher ranks)

Quality Guidelines:

If you are wanting to get perks for advertising Kraftzone server on youtube (or anywhere else) then the below stuff will need to be added into your video.

Video title: Should include (Kraftzone.net)  somewhere in the title.
Video description: Should include the follow info:

✔ Website: http://kraftzone.net
✔ Wiki: http://kraftzone.net/wiki
✔ Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4vN366_94Y

---------------------------------------------
✔ [Premium] Server IP: mc.kraftzone.net  or (188.165.251.178:25565)
✔ [Cracked Offline] IP: mc.kraftzone.net:25575
---------------------------------------------
✔-New* Quake minigame" /Quakeworld" ...to play
✔Other minigames, checkers "/sky_checkers" etc
✔Survival "/wilderness" (anti-xray/economy)
✔Freebuild (no anti-xray)
✔SkySpawn (shop, spleef, warzone ctf)
✔Sky block "/island"
✔Survival Games "/sg join"
✔CTF "/warhub"
✔Towny
✔Ranks (voting and donating get upgrades)
✔MobArena , ✔Cityworld, ✔SkyBlock, ✔Mcmmo
Please check back as the above description may be updated at times.

Video tags: Should have obvious tags such as 'Minecraft' but also Kraftzone and Kraftzone.net

Some official graphics that you may use in your videos, however you do not need to use them.
Main logo:

Footer logo(bottom right side):

For reference on quality, please check these official Kraftzone videos....

Video Title: Minecraft server trailer 2013 (Kraftzone.net) // 720p

Video Title: Happy Holidays (Kraftzone.net) Minecraft Server Trailer // 720p

If you do use any background music in your video's always put the "Artist - Title"

Try to at least record any videos you make for or on Kraftzone with some quality in mind.

Recommended screen captures:

http://camstudio.org
- not sure on wartermark for free version.
http://www.fraps.com
- not sure on wartermark for free version.
http://www.bandicam.com/downloads/ 
- free version has watermark... Best screen capture for money or pirate it.
http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/overview.htm
- free and no watermark, only works for some nvidia gfx cards (check site)

There are others however the above include opengl/directx capturing which make them the very best.

Youtube rank guidelines:

This is an advertising rank, as such the perks are decided based on many factors, however base ones are:

- Quality of your video channel (can be youtube, vimeo etc )
- Presentation of your videos, using Kraftzone graphics etc or not.
- The type of show or video guides you do on Kraftzone.
- How many visits and subscribers you have that will see it and join the server.
- Attitude towards other players and the server/staff etc and how you help.

Perks
No concrete guideline on this yet and it may still change (So take everything written below as open for discussion and will be trialled out), with that said these are how I think the perks you can attain from doing videos will work....

Tier 1
 - A video or multiple that in total reach a 1000 views.
or
 - 5 players that joined the server from watching your video.**
Tier 2
 - A video or multiple that in total reach a 3000 views.
or
 - 10 players that joined the server from watching your video.**
Tier 3
 - A video or multiple that in total reach a 5000 views.
or
 - 15 players that joined the server from watching your video.**
Creative
 - A video or multiple that in total reach a 10000 views.
or
 - 20 players that joined the server from watching your video.**

**Getting a player who joined the server from watching your video will be based on using a special url you can put on your video page description and in-game command, that you will need to tell your viewers about, so that you can get your perks.
That player that joined will also need to have spent x amount of time and voted on the server, before there vote for your advertising rank is counted as permanent.

This plugin and url does not yet exist to handle this setup, but will be in the future, until then none of this is automated.

Video ideas:
- Guide on how to use/do something on Kraftzone, such as use a specific plugin, how to run a town, useful commands that are used on the server.
- Episode series with your friends while on the server.
- Playing any of the minigames on the server.

Permanent perks:
Every video you make counts towards keeping your perks, so if your video(s) starts to get 1000's of views, so long as those videos remain visible (ie are not taken down) and the videos meet the "quality guidelines" above. Then you will keep your perks that you earned forever without the need to do anymore videos.

The max limit on what you can gain for perks is Tier3 + Creative +Flyspeed, after that if you are really popular and your videos help Kraftzone popularity then we can talk about some other mutual agreement.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 06:17:00 pm by Koolio »

Chris

• Donator
  • Don't let your memes be dreams. Just do it
    • View Profile
Re: Youtube rank
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 01:15:28 pm »
omfg. Im sooo doing this.
insanity

Chris

• Donator
  • Don't let your memes be dreams. Just do it
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 03:57:16 pm »
      I think instead of view counts and people joining, there should be a point system. Like say someone joins and right after they register/join it would say "Who brought you here?" and then if they type your name, then you will be the person who showed them  the server, BUT just getting people to join wouldnt get you the points or whatever. The only way you would get points if they vote or play for a specific amount. So basically lets say every vote, they vote. You get 1 point. Then once you have a total of #### points, you would get Tier 1/2/3 or/and Creative/Flyspeed. Also It doesnt mean IT HAS to be from youtube, It could be from like anywhere. Like Facebook, or Twitter.

You should also add individual perms, instead of just going for Tier1. Maybe u can get /hat for ### points, Or maybe /erepair only for #### points, but I think that if u buy the whole thing it would be cheaper than buying each thingy, Of course.

Also im not sure if it should be called "Youtuber Rank" maybe something else like "Advertiser". Another thing you should add is either to make Creative/Flyspeed REALLY expensive or just take it out, Because no donator would donate for creative and then greif, but maybe a person who joined with a group of friends... Will. So I think it should take a while to get those perks, or just take them out. Also if you think Flyspeed is "OK" well if someone griefs you. They could easily travel across the world and say "It wasn't me. Maybe was a glitch".

Thats the only suggestions I have for right now. Maybe later I'll add more.
insanity

Koolio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 04:40:06 pm »
Most of suggestions are all the things I mentioned to you in game

Anyway it probably won't be called youtuber, but advertiser doesn't sound much better.

I am thinking of having symbols next to the member rank like the ^ when in amp world. Just other types like that instead, as takes up less space

[R]
[*R]

[Member]
[*Member]

* = Video contributor

And in the /total command I will probably expand that to show more detailed player info on where additional points are coming from, such as videos and player referrals. And if they have any donator perks gained from exchanging points for perms.

~Sly

• View Profile
    • YouTube.com/slyguy47
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2014, 12:38:55 am »
A video or multiple that in total reach a 1500 views.
I guarantee nobody will reach this.

Koolio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2014, 09:13:18 am »
Well what do you suggest then, and that was 1500 views in total for all videos

I'm thinking doing a page where, someone adds a video url, if it gets approved, that videos total view count is always used in calculating that players points.

Kott

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2014, 10:52:38 am »
Koolio, like i cant do videos really, so if i advertise on web sites, and in comments, is it ok, well if its 5-10 who joins and just Count away the views?
If that ok
I WILL BE SOOOOO ADVERTISING XD
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)