Is Speaking Spanish against the rules??????
KraftZone Server: mc.kraftzone.tk

=====================================================

Author Topic: Is Speaking Spanish against the rules??????  (Read 5041 times)

XxDarkxSpartanxX

• ~Prime~ Even though we are small, we are strong!
    • View Profile
Is Speaking Spanish against the rules??????
« on: April 11, 2014, 01:40:28 am »
I am online trying to help people that only speak spanish and i myself am Mexican, but someone by the name of ProcrastiCody is telling me to shutup and stop speaking spanish. He says its against the rules, i did /rules but it says nothing about only speaking english, + i see people speaking other languages everyday! And all im trying to do is help but others are being racist by mocking us and calling us beaners.
-Ex Member
-Ex Member+
-EX Voter+
-Ex Artist
-Current Helper
~Prime Secretary~

XxDARKxSPARTANxX

Prime

Pepsi87

• Staff
  • IGN: Razor45656
    • View Profile
Re: Is Speaking Spanish against the rules??????
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 02:20:46 am »
Racism is not tolerated on kz because we want a peaceful community. As for the languages. Its encouraged to use mainly English in the main chat. Unless there's Spanish chat flying across the screen then you should change to pming in spanish. So the final answer is yes. You can speak another language as long as its not filling the screen as kz is an English server.
I cant really build anything.

RedArrow

• Yes, it is me!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 02:24:34 pm »
The rules tell you to not annoy anyone, and the main language is english. That probably means that people can be annoyed by the fact that some use a different language.
Cigarettes are like squirrels. They're perfectly harmless until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire.

Never apologize, you are already too late when you want to.

-Ex Registered
-Ex Member
-Ex Member+
-Ex Voter+
-Ex FeatherClub
-Ex Architect
-Ex Staff
-Ex Support
-Currently Donator

Koolio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 02:44:08 pm »
The rules tell you to not annoy anyone, and the main language is english. That probably means that people can be annoyed by the fact that some use a different language.

yes this is the rule

"i did /rules but it says nothing about only speaking english, + i see people speaking other languages everyday! And all im trying to do is help but others are being racist by mocking us and calling us beaners."

You did nothing wrong, except sometimes its better to take non-english conversations into private chat messaging/channels so as not to annoy others who don't speak the language. This really depends on how busy the chat is, sometimes its ok and no one minds and sometimes its not.

I think I'll add a local chat channel where all languages can be used.

"And all im trying to do is help but others are being racist by mocking us and calling us beaners."

lol can you blame them?

"Racism is not tolerated on kz because we want a peaceful community. "

Not true, I tolerate it, players are free to express themselves at least once, but continued insulting of others, arguments, spamming and typing in all caps are all more annoying to see going on in the public chat.