Aprils Update
KraftZone Server: mc.kraftzone.tk

=====================================================

Author Topic: Aprils Update  (Read 11843 times)

Koolio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Aprils Update
« on: April 02, 2014, 11:30:23 am »
Well hardly anything to report about last month it had been pretty slow as far as events and features on the server goes.

Aside from the huge server bug, that happened fairly recently and caused constant crashing the moment more than 1 player joined the server, this was a major bug in the spigot(bukkit) server. It was fixed in less than 30mins, however the repercussions of being forced into updating the server, have caused problems with two core plugins we use at Kraftzone. Many scripts I have written, use both plugins which cause some serious issues with server stability, neither plugins have active developers, and running a premium and cracked server complicates the matter with security issues that are tied in with backend scripts. That's just short description.

Recently joined the server? please read...
----------
....during the short period of time after the server bug was fixed a small number of premium players joined Kraftzone, if you have joined Kraftzone recently using (188.165.251.178:25565 /or/ mc.kraftzone.net) please use /whatsmypass (now working again), write the password down, and connect to mc.kraftzone.net:25575  (this is the cracked lobby server), you should be asked to enter your password (from /whatsmypass ) it should work and that is all you need to do.  However if you are asked to register a new password, please do that, as it is for your own account security to prevent anyone else registering a password on your own account. I doubt many will have been effected by this issue, however its worth mentioning incase it does effect you. If it did , then you just happened to join the server after the above bug was fixed. In future the running of the cracked server will just have to be shutdown until everything is checked to be working properly.
----------

Unfortunately such a flaw has been because of relying on third party plugins, and its meant many other backend scripts at Kraftzone used to handle commands like /total have been broken down aswel, so I've been rewriting them into actual java plugins for the server.

For new registered players, the /rankup command is also currently down, just ask in chat that you need promoting to member once you have 20 votes. This is being worked on, when I finish the plugin it will work for members to /rankup directly to memberplus without needing to ask aswel. And many other improvements will come with it including long talked about vote points to perks feature I have been wanting to add for the server.

The good news is that it will mean the server will have less future problems with relying on third party plugins. So some of my free time is being taken up with doing that and will continue while I work on new plugins and finish the rest of the script to plugin porting. yay fun ( hopefully some fun custom plugins for kraftzone will come out if it in due time)

Rank changes

- Orestis7000 is no longer staff
- Pepsi is back to staff

Extacyy has retired, understandably the responsibility of being staff/support on a server is a volunteering role and as such we can only try to find those who at the time have the time to spare for it. I do thank them for helping out with the wiki pages and running a very active town. You can check his retired thread here http://kraftzone.net/forum/index.php?topic=1901.msg11574 

This does mean that there is no longer any support staff at Kraftzone for the time being. While we have a good staff team to help out with most the issues players will need help with. I will be changing the permissions staff have based on the seniority. Effectively staff will gradually earn certain permissions towards support rank based on how well I can trust them.

Worldediting requests will be handled by myself for now, so just make sure you have clear instructions with what you want worldedit help with (ie mark out areas you want clearing), and make sure you have voted before requesting help. Helpers and Staff will be able to assist you in getting that sorted and informing me of what is needed should I not be actively around when you need help and have to go offline.

Other stuff

In-active towns will be wiped out this month, if you are a town assistant and the mayor of the town hasn't been active in the past month you need to let staff+ know so transfer of mayorship can be done. As I will be checking towns and when the mayor of the town was last active, when deciding if the town should remain.

Might also start getting any abandoned buildings and mychunk plots wiped out and land regenerated if they are no longer in use.

If you have any buildings that you want protected with WorldGuard, please ask staff as this is part of preparing the server for Minecraft 1.8 update

- New ingame command /ytm <playername> <youtube url>  - this is a slight change to the youtube link you might have seen used in game by donators and staff to broadcast youtube video link and title information. Now all players can use it to message a video link to someone that is displayed in the same way.

- /tblocks  - Just a helper command to let you know the procedure for buying extra town blocks.

I will be adding a many more helper commands just to help with the commonly asked questions.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 11:34:18 am by Koolio »

Theodor Andrei

• IGN: TheodorAndrei
    • View Profile
    • Planet Minecraft
Re: Aprils Update
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 05:25:31 pm »
I would like to become a staff...in order to replace new supports
But you told me i am not enough active...
Lost Monkey! If someone saw it ,  bring pepsi to me!

~Sly

• View Profile
    • YouTube.com/slyguy47
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 10:38:00 pm »
Don't wipe SlyVille pl0x <3

Koolio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 10:40:34 pm »
*looks for SlyVille first*

Cyber_stormX2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 08:13:48 pm »
please let the town of castleguard remain and *cough* Cyber_stormX2 for helper *cough*
I found it.....I found my lost duck!!!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thecrypticvenom

That is my You tube Channel

Koolio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 09:10:38 pm »
please let the town of castleguard remain and *cough* Cyber_stormX2 for helper *cough*

You have to actually be active to keep the town, if you haven't been active in the last 3+ weeks its going to get removed (also depending on active residents in the town)

The town area will be world guarded with the mayor name as owner of the region, should the town actually look decent.

If its a just a shack and ugly looking buildings then I won't be world guarding it, chest protection will remain though.

Theodor Andrei

• View Profile
    • Planet Minecraft
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2014, 07:17:15 pm »
Might also start getting any abandoned buildings and mychunk plots wiped out and land regenerated if they are no longer in use.
You mean that the server will got a total wipe when 1.8 will come one???

Nytalix

• Staff
  • [Insert meme]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2014, 07:52:14 pm »
Depends on Kooglio if he will make another world for 1.8 or wipe out everything in 1.8
Mess with the best, die with the rest

Koolio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2014, 08:41:57 pm »
You mean that the server will got a total wipe when 1.8 will come one???

no probably not, I don't see 1.8 having any terrain improvements. Ans the 1.7 amp world is still very much new.

Nytalix

• Staff
  • [Insert meme]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2014, 09:29:13 pm »
"Might also start getting any abandoned buildings and mychunk plots wiped out and land regenerated if they are no longer in use."

Am already on doing that job :P
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 09:01:49 am by iceAOS »
Mess with the best, die with the rest

Theodor Andrei

• View Profile
    • Planet Minecraft
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2014, 11:32:42 pm »
i wish i could help you too... if kooglio wants... i got lots of abandoned mychunk and buildings ...