2 year annivesary
KraftZone Server: mc.kraftzone.tk

=====================================================

Author Topic: 2 year annivesary  (Read 6790 times)

Koolio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
2 year annivesary
« on: December 24, 2013, 02:29:18 am »
2 years server anniversary.... a few days ago hah, the exact date varies on what you consider to be the starting date of the server. The day it was publicly advertised on server lists? the day I got server hosting for it? or the day I put together the server? Well all that is spread over a few days from what I remember now, starting from around the 20th. Last year I posted about the 1st year anniversary near the end of the year so technically this post comes earlier this year. :D

Is plenty that happens in a year on a server, for Kraftzone there really has been a ton of stuff that has happened the worse being bad hosting which is always disruptive to a server and its community, though I can now say for a past few months Kraftzone has been more stable than ever before, and has room to expand. With all the things that have happened over the year nothing is bigger than the fact Kraftzone made it to another year with many new players and plenty of older players from last year still playing here.

Some of you know the complaints I have about Mojang the creators of the game, ironic that I run a server for a game I often feel would be far better if its creators just moved onto another game and left the community and enthusiast developers to continue improving Minecraft without them breaking it every update with there own not so good 'improvements'.

Perhaps that may happen or perhaps I'll move on from Minecraft. Many who were around mid last year before the summer holidays know how I pretty much shut things down and gave Kraftzone away, though I regretted that a week after seeing it getting ruined, so took over again and haven't looked back.

What can I say about the next year of Kraftzone, well the future of Kraftzone has never ever been a certain thing, I've always enjoyed running it because I liked Minecraft and the mods/server plugins that make it much better, the third party development of it. If there another sandbox game better than Minecraft itself I'd have already jumped shipped and invited you all to join me. Admittedly its a nice real life distraction and provides a hobby in itself to do other things like scripting and running a website for it. I always try to make the server better and appreciate the help everyone puts into continuing to improve Kraftzone as a whole. To be a part of that is what keeps me going with the server.

Here is a new video I made for you all, the spirit of Kraftzone is about creating awesome buildings, towns etc having fun and being a part of that, it doesn't really capture all of that but whatever enjoy ...

...maybe give it a thumbs up on youtube, leave a comment etc

You can also download the 720p hd version, its better than watching the youtube one:

Download: http://kraftzone.net/Kraftzone.net_Xmas2013_720p.mp4 //Size: 123mb

Tomorrow I might update the server to 1.7, then again I might not, I know some of you want to stay with 1.6 and others want 1.7

For me 1.6 still has all the client mods, while 1.7 is really without any mods or mcp that is needed to make mods, so I'm still undecided about updating the servers yet. What I might do though is set the 1.7 server up so premium players (maybe cracked) can go on the 1.7 survival map, explore, find resources, make a start on building and store your items in a locked chest. That way you will have already got a head start for when the current 1.6 main server is updated to 1.7.

And just to state it again, your existing towns, protected areas, money etc will remain the same after the 1.7 update with no losses, the 1.7 map is just an additional survival map that shares the same inventory as the current 1.6 survival map.

Theodor Andrei

• IGN: TheodorAndrei
    • View Profile
    • Planet Minecraft
Re: 2 year annivesary
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 12:48:50 pm »
Koolio ... You hould update it ... 1.7 is awesome ... he has lots of hidden things and  cool stuff wich improves all our building ideas .... so....
Lost Monkey! If someone saw it ,  bring pepsi to me!

RedArrow

• Yes, it is me!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2013, 03:31:49 pm »
I have to admit the 1.7 update is quite a bad update for the serverowners and mod devellopers. You simply can't deny that. However, the people that like other biomes, like the new ones, and the builders like the new update... And I, as RedFlower, like the update aswel just because all the new flowers :D
Cigarettes are like squirrels. They're perfectly harmless until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire.

Never apologize, you are already too late when you want to.

-Ex Registered
-Ex Member
-Ex Member+
-Ex Voter+
-Ex FeatherClub
-Ex Architect
-Ex Staff
-Ex Support
-Currently Donator

candymaster69

• “You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or eve
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2013, 01:34:49 am »
amazing video

Fluffy

• "We own this shit!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2013, 11:20:22 am »
Maybe i'll start playing again once the server is updated to 1.7 :)
Happy anniversary Koolio!
No two Rainbows are the same.
Neither are two packs of Skittles.
Enjoy an odd mix.