=====================================================

Poll

Lockette or /cprivate from LWC?

Lockette
2 (100%)
/cprivate from LWC
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: Lockette or /cprivate from LWC  (Read 4375 times)

Hadi

• I NEVER LOSE!
    • View Profile
Lockette or /cprivate from LWC
« on: July 06, 2012, 10:58:10 pm »
This might be just a small improvement from lockette. U lock ur chests easier by just /cprivate and clicking on the chest. To add ppl to that chest its an easy /cmodify (NAME) and they now have perms. U do it again to take away there perms. I just thought it would be better than haveing signs everywhere. Koolio i think this would be a nice poll for the front page, so wheather or not u wanna get it, its ur choice, i just thought it would be a small improvement thats all.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 11:00:48 pm by Hadi »
Hello, Hadi here, dedicated player of KraftZone.

bluedudex2

• Ex-staff Founder of digiknight games
    • View Profile
Re: Lockette or /cprivate from LWC
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 12:04:37 am »
i do hate making signs for all the chest i private but it might be more of a hassle with cprivate :/
Playing games for the graphics is like watching p0rn for the story

Koolio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 01:14:03 am »
You should have just made it a <poll> thread instead of clicking just the <thread> button, then I could have thrown it up on the frontpage.

.... anyway the whole point of sign protected is that its just really easy for new players and all players to just dump a sign on the front of a chest for protection.

It auto fills in the necessary lines on the sign, so you only have to edit in extra ones.

Going to LWC is a last resort for when Lockette or Deadbolt fail to work properly (which has happened to both plugins in the past with outdated or plugin incompatibilities) and the minecraft userbase becomes less stoopid.. seriously I'd just get more questions about how to protect things.

The sign protection plugin is kept for other reasons aswel, its easier to know right off the bat who owns a protected chest, door etc

If editing signs was less retarded (thank mojang), and you could go back reediting the lines on a sign without having to redo them that it would be even better, but bukkit and mojang have a thing for wrecking such improvements that have been made by plugins that have fixed that area in the past.

And Lockette still has command line support editing other player names to a sign.. so in ease of use terms it straight out beating LWC

Lastly moving to LWC would require a transition period aswel, as loads of protected chests etc would become unprotected... just not something I can be bothered doing unless the move to that plugin calls for it.

So yeh I don't have a problem moving to it I've wanted to in the past, however realistically I don't see need to.

Hadi

• I NEVER LOSE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 02:06:28 am »
Makes a lot of sense. And i do see alot of people doing "how do i private my chests?" So yea i just thought it would be an improvement, and now i basically see more clearly that to transfer it would be more work than its worth.
Hello, Hadi here, dedicated player of KraftZone.