WHY DON'T WE HAVE ANY JOBS PLUGIN AND THE mcmmo?
KraftZone Server: mc.kraftzone.tk

=====================================================

Author Topic: WHY DON'T WE HAVE ANY JOBS PLUGIN AND THE mcmmo?  (Read 3567 times)

hary

• Tekkit FAN
    • View Profile
WHY DON'T WE HAVE ANY JOBS PLUGIN AND THE mcmmo?
« on: May 02, 2013, 11:50:41 am »
Pretty self-explanatory title...
KRAFTZone BEST Server

Hail from GREECE mothafuckas! And yes I still have electricity even all that crisis! BOOM!

LunarBrick

• The Dirt Lord appears!
    • View Profile
Re: WHY DON'T WE HAVE ANY JOBS PLUGIN AND THE mcmmo?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 12:22:32 am »
The Main reason McMMO was removed is because it was apparently flooding the server log, but then again, that was like.... over 3 month ago while you were abducted o 3o...

/jobs <-- I dunno
Think dirt is useless? Think again.

Dilly2k

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 12:29:00 am »
/jobs fuck up the economy (quote from Redarrow :P)

Koolio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 12:55:17 am »
The actual reason for not using mcmmo..

The new developers are fking retards, that kind of encompasses a lot of why I don't use the plugin anymore actually. Plugins that gain popularity like mcmmo and survival games get to the stage where the developers try push other services and take away proper support for other servers using them like moving away from dev bukkit where pretty much all bukkit server plugins and updates are shared and discussed.

Other partial reasons include ...mcmmo by default logs all block break actions into folders within each world folder (the stupidity in that is that it disregards using existing logged data from plugins such as logblock or hawkeye or coreprotect).... and that might sound perfectly fine except I'm talking about 10000's of files and folders.. for data that is often never ever ever checked again ever.

It's really just bad design on so many fronts. Anyway it is possible to disable that logging by editing the actual plugin jar...though doing so then requires disable certain mcmmo features that could even more easily exploited. Not to mention it really says a lot about the total lack of thought to actually offering an option to store those files in a separate folder that isn't within each world folder making backups alot quicker.

Also mcmmo has for me always had a bad data loss problem for say a server crash ( it writes to files all the time meaning instead of caching things and only rwiting to files less often, meaning that say in the case of a server crash there would be less chance of it had corrupting a file), that often results in no way of recovering players gained levels etc, because its using flatfile storage.. I did once try using mysql for mcmmo, however due to its terrible design it resulted in unnecessary server lag partly because of it wanting to fetch and store over remote connection for everything a player does. It may have improved by now as it is possible to use remote mysql and still have no lag, its just how something is designed.. mcmmo is a sad case of some good rpg features put together by bad programmers.

Lets not also forget how fking bad and unbalanced Serrated Strikes are for pvp combat..
List goes on..

basically just so much of mcmmo would be disabled because it doesn't offer enough options for server owners to tweak it into a more balanced state.. and even if it did, I don't care enough to bother fixing bad default settings.

And the only thing I ever liked about it was feather fly and gaining levels by falling and hurting yourself from suicidal jumps.. maybe just a skript for it that, Ikinda think much of what was good about mcmmo could just scripted just no one has bothered yet :D

and jobs plugin.. well thats another story, but I've kinda posted about that enough